FL Studio and non-hip hop music?

blmusic

How is it? Could I theoretically write some indie type stuff in FL? Kinda like Bon Iver or James Blake?

well....you could use really any good enough DAW to do all that stuff includung FL....i know of some people that use FL for movie scores and orchestral stuff.....i think its more juz the way you work around in your program and figure out obstacles if you need to be able to do something to achieve whatever type of sound you are going for

Sure!i have been using FL studio for 3 years.
and i have made trance,expirimental,soundscapes,chill,you name it!
and remember,its not the DAW,its what you do with it!
cheers!

i make alot of hip hop (south style) beats....but i really enjoy making hard house and eurotech

DAWs are just like blank sheets of paper. You can make anything you want them no tool is genre specific in fact FL Studio is very popular with various forms of dance music.

I've managed to produce some pretty decent trance, house, hip-hop and orchestral/film score type music in FL Studio, so it's definitely versatile. In fact, Daft Punk apparently produced a lot of the score for the movie "TRON: Legacy" in FL Studio. There are videos on YouTube showing how it's done. If it is good enough to use on a $150 million movie, it's gotta be good enough for you :D

You can really make any type of music with FL, but it's not the best tool for every type of job. FL is well-suited to dance, hip-hop, and other repetitive music, as it's workflow is based on creating patterns and putting them together, while creating automation to vary the sound.

You could make a film score with FL, but it would be like driving a "+" screw with a flat-head screwdriver. It works, but it's not optimal -- it's easier to do well a tool that's suited for the task (i.e., linear sequencers like Cubase, REAPER, Pro Tools, Logic).

Last edited:
Back