FL Studio 9 + Waves Complete VST 7 Issues

H

hypnotyk

I just upgraded my waves plugins from version 6 to version 7 . i did a "clean install" - by removing the old plugins then installing the new ones. Upon doing so , my Waves plugins no longer show up in the Add Channel windows (even when going into the editor and clicking refresh / search button). The only way I can get into them is to load the waves7 vst3 plugin wrapper - which essentially opens a menu that allows me to chose from all of the plugins- in a menu that is asingle columned side scrolling and difficult to see.

I would like to be able to chose each waves plugin directly from the menu like I used to.

anyone else experiencing this?

also I dont have this issue in anyother DAW software only FL:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just logged in to say that not only do I hope your endeavors with your cracked software go poorly, but on the off chance you do get it installed and working, you can take comfort in knowing that you still won't be able to use the plugins or mix for shit.

actually, my software comes from a friend who goes to school at the art institute and I am using his iLok credentials. know your shit before you come at me .

rofl sure buddy
you went from the most pirated version of waves, to the new most pirated version of waves, using LOL fruity loops and you're "using his ilok credentials".

Do you even know how ilok works?

get this shit the hell out of here, read the sticky

I want to know the school that makes you buy waves also

Last edited:
i couldnt get version 6 to work on my computer so never attempted to upgrade anymore since 5 was working fine. iLok works by the registration being stored in the memory of the iLok , when you install it asks to plug the iLok for authorization.

I never said anything about him needing to buy waves, i said he is in school at the art institute thats all..

Furthermore, **** off , and my conversation with you is done, you're waisting my time.

8 mins of googling is all you need!
nice of your friend to just "give" you his ilok...........

DOT
DOT
DOT

Last edited:
are you gonna help me out or are you going to continue to be a dick ?

Only people that used cracked software ask for help. Waves has customer support. Contact them. Too bad your full of it.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Just the fact that you wanna use your waves plugs in FL Studio shows that you are an amateur and use cracked software. Waves plugs are for tracking and mixing and mastering. Almost zero pro's or anyone that owns waves plugs uses them inside FL Studio.

once again , I am using someone elses software. i already tried calling but they cant talk to me since I dont have his information to verify. Anyways I came on here to ask for audio help , not legal advice-- its none of your ****ing business if i walked into the waves labs and stole the shit right out their offices.

#EatADikAndDie

If your story is on the up & up, then your problem is easily solved. If your friend brought the Waves software, but never registered it, then all he has to do is go to Waves' website and register with his iLok I.D. When you buy an iLok you register for an I.D. from them. Also, by registering your plugins with Waves you will have full support for any issue that may come up now and in the future. Waves support is really pretty good.

Honestly, you using such a high-end product with such a low-end DAW will cause people to think you are pirating which is HIGHLY frowned upon here and you will get BANNED for it, so I don't think you are going to get much help on this forum. Again, if you story is true, then no worries man. Just have your friend register the product with Waves, speak to their tech support and your problem will be solved. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw alotta producers on twitter talking about this.... i wish i knew how to help. i'm not gonna down ya. because i guarantee you everyone that has responded uses cracked software. or they started out with cracked software. if you spent 800 dollars on a DAW without knowing how to make music. then you are either rich or you are lying. that kills me. FL studio can upgrade to ilok or whatever if they really cared whether or not these 15 year old bedroom producers bought it. if they are going to make money using it, they are gonna get tired of using cracked FL's and will eventually use the lil change they made off the cracked FL and actually buy the real one so it doesnt matter.

(sorry for my bad english spelling because i am dutch)

Don't listen to these people because they don't know what there talking about.
Its a common problem in FL-studio
folow these instructions

1. Install Waves

2. Than download this file Shell2vst you can find it with google

3. Look for WaveShell-VST 5.7 or somfing that looks like that (WaveShell-VST)
This is located in your vst folder

4. Drag the WaveShell file on to the shell2vst (you just downloaded)

5. If you have done this there will be a new folder created inside the Shell2vst folder

6. This new Folder is Called Waves. Here you will find all your Waves plug-ins (new versions)

7. Drag these DLL files in to your Fl-Vst folder. Than do the same thing you always do with VST's

Please note that the artist plug-ins like JJP and CLA can take a verry long time to load. Have patience when Fl-studio is loading these files. Because if you open another window or program in Windows. Than Fl-studio will Crash. while loading these plugins.

And for those who think that this has something to do with a iligal software. You can find the oficial instructions on the Image-line website.

And that usually is the case....FL with Waves Complete!?!?

This is nonsens. I was a Cubase user for many years. Cubase is great for recording bands and stuff.
Fl-studio is Sequencer based what makes it far more ideal for making Elektronic Music.
A lot of professional producers like Secret Cinema and Laidback luke switch to FL-Studio just like me because it is by far the best Daw for making Dance music with. Fl-Studio has a bad reputation for when it was called Fruitie-loops. That's why they change there name to FL-studio. Coments like these show that the name change didden't work.

And for those who don't believe me check this video. FL-Studio 10 What's new? on youtube
And note that the music that you here was completly made with Synths and effect inside Fl-Studio
(exept for the Kontakt choir that was used to show 64bit technology inside fl-studio)
Perhaps after you see the video you might consider switching to Fl-studio Just like me and many many other producers. And if not. Try a demo of FL-Studio before you make these coments. Because even Future Music will agree that Fl-Studio is not less of a program than Cubase or logic. It was developed for another purpose thats all. Both programs do the same things. Onley in a different way. And it is depending on what you are using it for what makes it your favorite DAW. And i'm saing this after working many years with Cubase. Oke i will stop because i am starting to sound like a comercial ;)

Back