Fl studio 12 MAC

Evan Cosner

I'm a new producer! Ok so I love fl studio but I've also heard a lot about macs being amazing for music production! And as you know this is a problem! I've heard a lot about boot camp but I'm not sure I trust it! and say I buy a PC running fl studio with sylenth1 and nexus, whenever fl comes out on Mac and I make the change would I have to rebuy those plugins??? My goal is to make songs at home but go to a studio for vocals! How would I go about doing that with a PC when most producers use Mac!

If I had a Mac I'd probably run Logic.
As is, I maintain an aging i3 Dell laptop (with 12Gb RAM installed) and right now I'm running Cubase5 and Studio One V2.6.

Are you mixing the song in studio or just tracking the vocal and then returning home to mix?

Any studio you use should be able to handle whatever you bring them and in most cases it'll be Stems (separate WAV files of each instrument or sound) or some kind of session file (PT).
In some cases (if he knows you're good for the money or have paid up front - level of trust required) the engineer will install the driver software for his interface on to your computer and run the recording directly into your machine.
Although, if you're mixing the vocal at home and just want the wav of your vocal to take away you could track to an MP3 or Flac file (I wouldn't).

Personally, unless you're tracking a full band I wouldn't use a studio anyway.
Buy a mic (I assume you have an audio interface already) and DIY.

The Mac halo effect is kind of based off third party hardware that did all the heavy lifting for the Mac anyway....as in Digidesign's DSP hardware was the horse and the Mac was the carriage that Pro Tools rode around on.....but not understanding the significance of the DSP hardware a lot of cats incorrectly assumed that it was all about the brands Apple and Pro Tools so they bought themselves shitty inside-out all-in-one Apple computers and native versions of Pro Tools which is kind of like buying a Lamborghini tractor because you heard Lamborghini was fast.

Nothing to "trust" in Bootcamp - it's just a boot selector & you'll be running a completely ordinary Windows install on your completely ordinary Apple-branded Intel hardware. They're not magic machines. That said, I haven't touched Windows in a decade at least...

And also - no, you don't usually need to re-buy plugins when moving to another platform. You're buying a license to use the software on whatever system you want.

Last edited:
If you are in need of getting a new computer for your music production, I would highly recommend buying a new PC or building a beast of a machine yourself. Building one will be around the same price as a Macbook(or cheaper depends on what you are doing in the daw), and for sure way better spec wise. If you are really set on using mac, then i'd suggest running bootcamp, its safe dont worry i've used it before. I would rather use bootcamp than parallels. As for plug ins, once you buy them you can use them more than once so you are fine.

If you are going to mainly use FL, get a PC. There's zero gain to be had in running Windows on Mac hardware - because the thing that makes Macs nice for music production is OSX.

If you are going to mainly use FL, get a PC. There's zero gain to be had in running Windows on Mac hardware - because the thing that makes Macs nice for music production is OSX.

I agree with this - I spent almost 2k on a fancy iMac for music production and ended up selling it 6 months later as it was a massive ballache dual-running 2 OS's.

I think the myth that macs are "better for music production" is exactly that. A myth.

Unless you've got some unhealthy obsession with Apple and therefore 'neeeeeeeed' to run with Logic, I'd definitely recommend custom building a PC.

A PC will not only be more powerful, but also significantly cheaper and open up a lot more options. The FL mac version specifically is terrible in comparison to the windows version.

As a longtime mac user, I never understood the point of dual-booting OS's. I own Logic, Renoise, and BiaB and get along fine, but if I had a need to use FL-Studio i'd run it on a pc. The value of mac's that many people miss is that they have great resale value provided you buy smart and actually take care of your stuff, as well as seamless integration between your iOS devices and the OSX desktop. Yeah, you get more speed and specs at a slight discount building your own PC system, but meh, the cost is offset by all time investment researching compatible components, assembly, and troubleshooting. The cost-to-savings ratio isn't so wide that PC's becomes the more attractive option for me, even if it meant saving $700. A difference of $700 is nothing. On top of that, you don't get any meaningful customer service with a self-built PC. I prefer the exchange-it-for-a-new-one-at-the-Macstore approach to problem solving these days, even if it means being called a "money wasting hipster" by some jealous, slightly overweight, neckbearded manchild.

Last edited:
There s a stable fl studio version for mac but it is not easy to add plugins only the factory. You can p.m. Me for the links.

Kindly regards

Back