fitting vocals to beat

C

Crix

Hi guys. I've got little problem. I arleady posted it in here few weeks ago but nobody respond. The thing is in the acapellas. I don't know how to fit them to my song. I arleady tried something with pitch and putting them in right place so they dont stand out of percussion but still nothing. They just sound like they are out of the song. I really don't know what to do. How do you fit your acapellas to the rest? I'll be glad if anyone would help me. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardest part of sampling. Variable tempo.
Everchanging tempo.
Warping, elastique, wavepad, slicex, timestretching and duplication at specific points are the only solution for files under 88.2khz samplerate.

some acapellas usually have a rhythm as in it follows a certain bar count, others might line up with every beat, second beat or chorus section. if you can determine where it fits in time in the original song then you have a timing base to work with. some acappellas are so obvious you can line them up visually at first then adjust it slightly by ear. djs can usually do this easier as theyre used to counting beats when mixing songs or acapellas during mashups.

If the vocals already fit an instrumental I would use that instrumental's transients to create a groove template drop the vocals in pull them around a bit and then ditch the instrumental....if there is no instrumental I would create my own transients, you can basically beat box or fart along into a microphone if you want, it doesn't matter because no one is going to hear it on the finished product.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. I arleady started doing a remix and I fit it perfectly so the vocals don't stay out of the beat. :):)

Back