First Three Outkast Albums = CLASSIC!

61Key

I'm just sayin', take you mind off the new and think back, Outkast was probly one of the most successfull and original hip hop duo's, Im just sayin I made this thread beacuse I honestly think If your younger, you missed it. There will never be another outkast or anything like it. well maybee so, but its not looking good LOL.

Was just listening to 2 dope boys in a cadillac. Had to listen to the whole damn album, then i got started on the first album, i had that cassette tape damnit LOL shit like this makes you wonder where all the originality has gone but thats another story. kinda. sorta, but yea anyways. .........

I never liked the first one that much, but there aren't many groups that have had the run of albums like outkast had from ATLiens to Speakerboxx/Love Below. Shame it ended on Idlewild

Idlewild was acually a really good movie, i watched it all the way through a few times and didnt really pay attention to it, but when i sat down and paid attenthen to it I liked it. I liked SOME of the soundtrack too! and dungeon Fam too!

what was the 4th one? was it Stakonia? I had that one too, it was good, but thats when they, uum, whats the word? Turned alil weird LOL still cool though.

yes indeed Aquemini was definitly crazy good, different from everything really.. It topped off ATLeins wich topped off SouthernplaylistikcaddiacmuzuK. (I just wanted to type that out lol) anyways Stankonia was definitly on some other shit. It had some classic shit on there too, but i felt like it was really exspirimental, not a bad thing, but loving the first three really helped me over that hump of letting the record grow on you. Most people I ask would probly only know Ms. Jackson and MAYBEE depending on age, they remeber B.O.B..

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Not that it really matters anyways, come to think of it, i bet anybody I ask probly would think hard to remeber any song off of ANY of their early albums.. seems like america woke up brain damaged one day.

each album was a progression. you could tell they were growing on each album. i think they really came into full blossom on Stankonia.
Idlewild was a flop to me. nobody in the A was checking for that shit.
Favorite Outkast albums (in this order).
1) Aquemini
2) Stankonia
3) Southernplayalistic
4) ATLiens
5) Speakerboxx/LoveBelow

for those who live down here in the A, you've got to agree- that it felt good than a mothaphukka listening to the albums in the place that these country boyz represented.

oh yeah, K.Dot got all the originality. everybody else are just talentless copycats of the next dude.

I feel you man, I liked the actual movie idlewild way more than the soundtrack.
It took me about 10 years to sit down and really watch it though, slept on it like a MF'er LOL.

I think Stankonia was the last outkast album i bought. I heard the others but never really got into the whole new wave style they was on. it wassent terrible just wassent for me...

I remeber I used to have to clarify to people, "the OLD outkast... BEFORE they turned all weird" aha

And I like kendrik sometimes... thats K.dot right? I dont know what is but i but i hate the name K.Dot.. sounds too much like K.Fed ahaha

Tell yall something. ATLien shut the ATL DOWN!!!!!!!

My list.
1. ATLien............anticipation.......96' olympics......nuff said.

What!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

2. Stankonia...............Album was way before it's time. It's #1 on my list really, but ATLien gives me good memories. Yall just don't know man............:)

Naw man.....yall was too busy listening to that overrated ass Chronic 2001 and Blueprint shit......for real. This was 5x better than both.

Take you back to the year 2013........I mean 2000. When Lil Jon was getting you crunk and T.I was trying to do some ATL trap shit. This the real trap sound GOT DAMMIT!!! Welcome to the ATL MFers from around the world. Love it because it will always remind people how the underground sounded in the A before dudes tried to coin the shit. Jeezy..........lmao at yall.

Ain't too many classic albums close to this album. This IS the greatest hip hop album of ALL MFing TIMES GOT DAMMIT!!!

3. southernplayalisticadillacmuzik....man........I'm done typing. :)

hell yeah man I know one day they are gonna drop another album, but it cant be just any 'ol album... It's gotta be BIG!

^^^I think they lost it really. They too got damn Outkast now. lol! Wasn't feeling Big Boi album except for a couple of songs. I want to hear more instrumentation......guitars crying they guts out and shit. Don't want to hear that experimental got damn electro shit. Well se one day though.

I know what you mean about that electro shit.. shutterbug as aight, but a whole album on that vibe I just cant get jiggy with that sheet.

MAN. you can't sit up here & say that any OUTKAST shut ATL down. ALL OF THEM WERE CLASSICS...except for LB/SB & Idlewild IMO.
The 1st FOUR? i could let all them shits ride.
OUTKAST- AQUEMINI- Y'all Scaried ft. Goodie Mob

p.s.
while we are on the subject of Outkast...let us not forget the whole DUNGEON FAMILY. ORGANIZED NOIZE is IMO one of the GREATEST PRODUCTION ENTITIES EVER to blessed HIP HOP.
CoolBreeze.Outkast.GoodieMob.Backbone.Witchdoctor.Joi.Mr.DJ.BigRube...BOY STOP.
DF 2nd Gen...Killer Mike & Slim Calhoun. They did they thing. Not until "Kirkwood Meathead" changed up the scene (now known as FUTURE).
dungeonfamilydungeonfamily.gif

Attachments

• Dungeon-Mix.jpg
    Dungeon-Mix.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
I was just the other day listing to Backbone on vevo, couldent find him on youtube WTF? lookin for that song Still buckin' like 5 Deuce foe TRAYY!... and that slim calhoun song all these Lonley Girls Wanna Fuuuuuck with andre3000, he was a cattapilar in the video AHA

I actualy bought that album when it dropped but i dont really remeber listening to it much, i also had the backbone and dungeon fam albums, I was On It! This was all around the time when DIRTY dropped thier album and that got all the rotation play. i had a coolbreeze witchdoc single album.

Wait a minit, I remeber these drums beat all the way down the block when i was younger, never forget this one. maaaan im still on my wake n bake and this shit is HITTIN!!!!!!!!!!!

AND SOMEBODY BICHING BOUT 808's WANTING THEM TO DIE??

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

WATCH FOR THE HOOK!!
WHAAAAT!!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

and yea i forgot Future started out with DF

Last edited:
MAN. you can't sit up here & say that any OUTKAST shut ATL down. ALL OF THEM WERE CLASSICS...except for LB/SB & Idlewild IMO.
The 1st FOUR? i could let all them shits ride.
OUTKAST- AQUEMINI- Y'all Scaried ft. Goodie Mob

That's second nature. But like I said.....out of all of the albums...ATLien shut it down "like no other" upon release.........put it that way.

You can't seriously disagree by using a single like Rosa Parks......compared to how Elevators had us.... Think about it.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back