First Sample Beat!!!!! Holding back the years [F4F]

Daveyvg22

D.V.G. Productions
Hey guys,
I just made my first sample beat.
I'm looking for some feedback on it.
it sounds pretty well in my ears but i really need your opinion.

enjoy:

Thanks for listening

Last edited:
Yo! Nice track you got here, really ****in with the sample :) only criticism i think would be the bassline taking over the track a bit, but other than that a solid track

Yo! Nice track you got here, really ****in with the sample :) only criticism i think would be the bassline taking over the track a bit, but other than that a solid track

Thanks man, I really appreciate that, I turned down the bass a little, hope it sounds better now!

It's a nice sample. Heard some other song with the same sample earlier today actually! The beat is pretty strait forward, but the chops seem good, and the drums are simple but nice. Would like a bigger bass line tho. Anyways, keep it going!

nice sample, like the verse section a lot. Think a touch of reverb on the drums would sound awesome on this and really complement the sample. Also think the choice of bass sound could be better, maybe try a more organic sound bass patch. Though I dont mean that to sound harsh as I think this is a great effort, all the more so if it's your first sampled beat, keep em coming!

Feel free to return the feed:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-receive-feedback/kaleidoscope-f4f-460556/2/

First dude is trippin the bass is dope turn that shit up haha anyways i can dig this is some smooth riding type track nice old school vibe simple and i like it mate

It's not so much of a sampled beat as a complete redrum and a sped up version of the track. You timing is on point so that is a good thing. That Simply Red track is a classic and has been used a few times before (Keith Murray-To My Mans) (Brand Nubian-Hold On). Keith Murray used it the best I think, more understated.

It's not so much of a sampled beat as a complete redrum and a sped up version of the track. You timing is on point so that is a good thing. That Simply Red track is a classic and has been used a few times before (Keith Murray-To My Mans) (Brand Nubian-Hold On). Keith Murray used it the best I think, more understated.

Thanka for your feedback I appreciate it, but why isn't it much of a sampled beat? I sampled everything from the original simply red track, found the loop and let it go through the song. I haven't heard the others before I made this one. I found the track on my dad's laptop. after I made it I thought, if I made a samplebeat out of this then there must be others. And yes there were. But for my first sample, I don't think it's bad, it just needs improvement.

Thanka for your feedback I appreciate it, but why isn't it much of a sampled beat? I sampled everything from the original simply red track, found the loop and let it go through the song. I haven't heard the others before I made this one. I found the track on my dad's laptop. after I made it I thought, if I made a samplebeat out of this then there must be others. And yes there were. But for my first sample, I don't think it's bad, it just needs improvement.

Oh I wasn't having a pop at you my man...what I mean is...when you sample a beat, that's exactly what you do, take a sample of it, chop it up, rearrange etc. Redrumming a track is basically taking the whole segment of the track, looping it and adding drums over the top. I do like what you did though, it sounded on time etc.

Back