First quality headphones

MikeEffay

I'm about to buy my first pair of quality headphones, and i have a few questions.

What should i look for? Any specific specs?

How much should a really good pair studio headphones cost? Personally i can't afford to pay 2000 dollars for them. Im looking for some good recommendations in the price range 300-700 USD (maybe a little more if i squeeze it, but not if there is not remarkable difference).

What features do good headphones have in common?

They will be playing hip-hop/trap beats and rap mainly. I really value sound with a good deep bass, and i would love some headphones that can play loud, but also clear, so you can hear the different audio levels, and e.g. the bass just swallows it all. Of course they should be as comfy and stylish as possible, though without compromising the sound quality.

Don't forget to have fun and stay inspired!

Thanks in advance.

I'm about to buy my first pair of quality headphones, and i have a few questions.

What should i look for? Any specific specs?

How much should a really good pair studio headphones cost? Personally i can't afford to pay 2000 dollars for them. Im looking for some good recommendations in the price range 300-700 USD (maybe a little more if i squeeze it, but not if there is not remarkable difference).

What features do good headphones have in common?

They will be playing hip-hop/trap beats and rap mainly. I really value sound with a good deep bass, and i would love some headphones that can play loud, but also clear, so you can hear the different audio levels, and e.g. the bass just swallows it all. Of course they should be as comfy and stylish as possible, though without compromising the sound quality.

Don't forget to have fun and stay inspired!

Thanks in advance.

if you really value the quality of the bass for your instrumentals you'll take that $700 and buy some decent Studio Monitors
now your situation maybe where you can't play music out loud
till this situation changes where you can play music out loud
I would
1.buy some headphones in the $100 or less range
2.save the rest till you have $1,500 to$2000 saved for flat-response non-coloring Studio Monitors
a.$1000-$1,2000
b.$500 to $1000 on acoustic treatment(this is not sound proofing)
stay away from foam acoustic panels they only tame high range freq. even the foam bass traps don't do much
believe me I spend a lot on foam panels and bass traps

Last edited:
ath-m50's.... look into them..

I have to agree with Swag i have a pair of ATH-M50s and i love them they only cost between $120 USD for the M50s model and $160 USD for the M50x model. I don't know if id ever get a different set of cans. They are reletivly flat in their frequency response. And have some nice accurate low end on them well the whole range of them is very nice. and they are only 38 Ohm i believe so you don't need an amp to drive them if you are using them to listen to an ipod or anything like that.

I have to agree with Swag i have a pair of ATH-M50s and i love them they only cost between $120 USD for the M50s model and $160 USD for the M50x model. I don't know if id ever get a different set of cans. They are reletivly flat in their frequency response. And have some nice accurate low end on them well the whole range of them is very nice. and they are only 38 Ohm i believe so you don't need an amp to drive them if you are using them to listen to an ipod or anything like that.

Me Too, I've had a pair a good while, they offer great value for money and they now ship with a detachable cable option as the ATH-M50X -

Me Too, I've had a pair a good while, they offer great value for money and they now ship with a detachable cable option as the ATH-M50X -

I was not blessed to have headphones with detachable cord or I would have saved tons of money on headphones

Back