First beat in progress!

For a first beat this is really good, as this definitely sounds better than my first lol.

but you need to work a bit more with it becuz the mix sounds muddy as hell. you should use an Eq to cut off the mud from individual tracks on the mix, towards the low-mid region. i also advice you to send some reverb/room on your different tracks to open up the sounds a bit. and get a bassline other than that kickdrum if you can.

This is good, keep working at it

Appreciate it man! I know this is going to sound really stupid but I have been trying to find out how to get a good bassline on my track. What are they called? Sorry for the noob question.

Appreciate it man! I know this is going to sound really stupid but I have been trying to find out how to get a good bassline on my track. What are they called? Sorry for the noob question.

you can get a good bassline from samples, if you pick them wisely or you can sequence/record your own bass from synths or other instruments like bass guitars, 808's, strings, piano etc.
if you use softwares/daw, you can design a good sounding sub bass from a simple 2 band oscillator synth using a sine and a square wave.

Yea for your first beat this is coo, I would say focusing on your favorite songs that you admire the beats in listen for the elements use in there and try to manipulate that type of vibe with your creative instincts the only way to get better is repetition and being aware that you are forever a student at this shit. Work on trying to get a good sound bank and learning the basics of mixing, like EQ, Compresion, Leveling and you'll be on the right track. Check me out: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...official-video-100%-feedback-returned-473571/

Back