Finding Samples

I use youtube.

Sometimes I'll spend hours on end just listening to random songs.

I'll come away with maybe 8-10 things I wanna sample.

I have to recommend to people one thing- Use youtube to it's potential.

It's an absolute goldmine if you can think outside of the box.

do people really ask for pre chopped samples???
there have been several posts on this forum where people have asked for prechopped samples in the last 6 months

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I use youtube.

Sometimes I'll spend hours on end just listening to random songs.

I'll come away with maybe 8-10 things I wanna sample.

I have to recommend to people one thing- Use youtube to it's potential.

It's an absolute goldmine if you can think outside of the box.

Youtube is an awesome resource agreed I simply use it to find great songs though then later when I am out digging i go and try to find it.

lol @ people asking for pre chopped samples - thats where I get my plesureeeee :cool:

Next they guna be asking for the drum loop, a bass line to fit, and composed and mixed, then they slap there name on it!!!

i usually start off by listening to a couple of albums,, listen to all the songs pick my favs , then get to choping , i usually puff when im in the process an once i get my samples to get choped from the songs im red to go .. i get like a bar or 2 depends on what i like , chop it up like an mpc in edision send it to fl slicer an bam start the kreaten ..

tip- start off by choping in bars it helps the process a bunch-peace

I usually use youtube.. I've subscribed to a few channels that regularly upload soul music, but I'm more interested in finding different and "out there" samples.. It's more difficult to find those, since you don't really know what you're looking for when you're searching.

Dude...PANDORA RADIO...thats my favorite way to do it...Sometimes I'll hear a hip hop song where I love the sample, check the credits and make a pandora station for that song...

If you dont know how pandora works what you do is search a song or artist and the site will dig up tracks that have similar vibes through their "music genome project"...its dope

I have collection of a few thousand records that i got from my father who was a dj years ago, but you can still go to record stores and look around thiers always shit out there to sample.

Can't be too hard on duke cause Im pretty sure Ive asked this question b4....anyway I sample whatever sounds good. As long as it touches you, sample it....And I agree, youtube is the ish. I sample from youtube all the time.

you gotta take your time invest in vinyls and listen to every single song, cause sometimes samples are even inbetween the tracks, even if it's just a sick drumbreak. on every record there is always a sample to use. greets!

I have a numark ttusb turntable laying around the house and I wanna try to start using samples. Will I be able to do so with this type of turntable? If not what type of turntable would I need to do so?

I have a numark ttusb turntable laying around the house and I wanna try to start using samples. Will I be able to do so with this type of turntable? If not what type of turntable would I need to do so?
Yes. You can record samples from it to your computer via usb or you can hook it up to a preamp with rca connectors and connect your preamp to your computer's audio interface.

It is never gonna be the same now that kids on the internet think it's cool to use a sample from youtube..records always win for me...cd's are not the worst thing..but when you can read the comments & see 100 dudes say"i'm bout to flip this right now" do we really need 100 ways of the same sample flipped???...do some research & find out if anyone has used the sample before..i'm not saying i've never used a sample another rapper used but at least i try to keep it from happening,not search out samples people have used...DIG!!!

Last edited:
Back