finally started shooting our own music videos

three15mafia

V10 Productions, NYC
What's up yall,

I have been recording several developing artists at my home studio and knew I wanted to eventually put video out with the records. The problem is a decent music video shoot/edit in NYC starts at around $1000.

So I decided to go out and buy a Canon T3i ($500 slightly used) and got Final Cut Pro X ($299) yesterday. I shot about 30 min of footage with our artist and spent the rest of last night editing (around 7 hours). I'm pretty happy with the result. It's good to know we have the ability to get quality content out there without having to save up for months for 1 video shoot.

Anyways, I thought I'd share and would love to help anyone who is looking to start shooting their own videos (I spent a lot of time researching everything)!

By the way, there's more blur than I would have liked but I found out after shooting that the view-finder is slightly misleading when capturing depth of field.. hopefully fix that next time!

Congrats on shooting your own content, the video looks really good! Your right there is a bit of a blur, but that can be easily fixed. Great job and hope to see more videos from you soon

the video is kinda unclear bro.. and when it starts off with that guy looking at the rapper like he's crazy .. that's not the best look right there lol... You gotta find someone who would do it for the low... OR get a better camera and find better locations and you'll have something..

editing is on point just fix the blur for next time and you're in business!!!!!!!!!!

-Coach Antonio

@Fataltone Thanks, yeah got that straightened out. If anyone has or is thinking of getting a Canon, use the 5X and 10x quick zoom to focus on subject. It's a great tip a film guy told me recently.

Back