fender rhodes sounds?

Original Rhodes are expensive, large, hard to find, and difficult to maintain.

FM style synths can do a pretty good reproduction of them

I had a nice set for my ASR-10, I loved it. theres a lot of softsythns that make something that sounds nice, having only heard an actual rhodes in real life a few times, my frame of reference is rather small.

I had a nice set for my ASR-10, I loved it. theres a lot of softsythns that make something that sounds nice, having only heard an actual rhodes in real life a few times, my frame of reference is rather small.

Do you happen to still have the set for the ASR-10 by chance?

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

do you know of any workstations that have a good fender rhodes type of sound?

If you're looking at a workstation I would definitely recommend the Motifs.

@mannas Nope, unfortunately I do not. I could get them, but nothing short of gifts of supreme power over mortal beings will make me do that... lol. Naw my ex has em and the keyboard and id rather not go talk to her :(

Nord Electro had nice rhodes if you need hardware. The Motif is good too, but its rhodes sound is very dependent on the insert effects for any given patch, the raw sound isnt that spectacular.On the software side you have TONS of options. I like Lounge Lizard personally because it sounds good enough, but there is no load time because is a modeling instrument and not sample based.

Back