Fellow producer question about my setup and mix?

St. Louis

This is my setup for making beats..

Fl Studio 10
3260 digital synthesizer stero receiver(vintage)
2 15" subs(vintage pro thump loud speakers)
m-audio mobile preamp interface

Where should the output volume be set to on my interface when making beats for a good mix?

Is it ok to turn down all the bass when making a beat on my stereo receiver?

Is it ok to turn up the treble while making a beat?

Is it ok to make beats on a stero receiver like i have been doing?

Ideally you don't want to be monitoring your music on a setup that will "colour" your sound.
You'd want to have a flat equalization response coming from your gear, (treble and bass). your gear shouldn't add this to your music, you'd do that at the mix stage within FL with effects and eq.

So this way what ever processing you do in your mix will be true to how you intended it to sound no matter what you playback on.

Not familiar with your receiver, but the best recommendation would be to get proper reference monitors and an audio interface. I'd keep the loudspeakers so you could have something larger to A/B Reference with.

Last edited:
Ideally you don't want to be monitoring your music on a setup that will "colour" your sound.
You'd want to have a flat equalization response coming from your gear, (treble and bass). your gear shouldn't add this to your music, you'd do that at the mix stage within FL with effects and eq.

So this way what ever processing you do in your mix will be true to how you intended it to sound no matter what you playback on.

Not familiar with your receiver, but the best recommendation would be to get proper reference monitors and an audio interface. I'd keep the loudspeakers so you could have something larger to A/B Reference with.

i dont turn up my bass and treble while making beats i was just asking a question. And i do have an audio interface.....and when i play my beats in other environments they dont sound distorted at all.. why should i get some monitors when i have 2"subs that can pick up all the lows that i need??

Well i do recommend a set of monitors because evern if you got the subs they cover ther low end and the speakers are coloured because they are built to sound good

Back