Feedback On My Mixes

I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this thread (if its not please point me in the right direction) but I've posted a few of my beats and would love some feedback. I am open to feedback on any aspect BUT I'm mainly looking for feedback regarding my mixes. Please, please, be brutal.

View attachment 45285View attachment 45284View attachment 45283View attachment 45282View attachment 45281

I just picked one, #816, because I felt that is enough content to give you a good focus and specific improvements.

I thought this beat was very nice, the stereo image is used well, you have some nice depth, the mix of sound sources works and it is a bit dreamy so it attaches well.

Now lets have a look at what could make this better. I felt that the mix beat as a whole lacks some air, it is not a big issue but it would give it a boost with a little more air, the soft synth pad sitting on top is moving in the stereo field which gives it some air, so I do think that works, but I find it could have a bit shorter decay and play a bit more interesting short tone riffs at times to give the beat some air. Combined with that I do think the mix as a whole is a bit dense, I would want slightly more mid range on the drums and slightly less volume on the bass. On top of that I would want the beat as a whole to be somewhat more varying, especially much I miss some more complex/cool drum riffs also on the bass. The beat works very good at the beginning, so during a short moment you could add this beat into a production, but if you want it to last, meaning that producers can use it over a longer duration, I think you need more air, less density, more cool riffs on the drums and also add some additional synth arpeggio or similar in order to grow the groove some more. I do think you are on the right track, just my opinion, well done!

Back