Fav Smiths Song?

E

Egress

I'm stickin with either:
Back To The Old House
or
Last Night I Dreamt That Someone Loved Me

-e

think of what life would be like if you were asexual. you'd get so much more done!
-e

Aw, chucks. I love The Smiths, but one fav track... 'Still Ill', 'Cemetary Gates', 'This Charming Man', 'There's A Light That Never Goes Out', 'Hand In Glove', 'Death Of A Disco Dancer', 'Panic'... can't pick one.

mattu said:
Aw, chucks. I love The Smiths, but one fav track... 'Still Ill', 'Cemetary Gates', 'This Charming Man', 'There's A Light That Never Goes Out', 'Hand In Glove', 'Death Of A Disco Dancer', 'Panic'... can't pick one.

Who's chucks? My name is Paul

More like, missing out on so much. Its called being true to yourself.

actually shaq, some of the greatest men in history were much against sex, and all the pleasures of the body. socrates, for one, was of the opinion that the body and all of its needs (food, sleep, sex, etc) held the soul back from attaining true wisdom. so perhaps denying sex is truly being true to yourself.

Well, the old Greeks used to claim that the only true love was love between men. Women were there solely for the purpose of reproduction. I'm not sure if they were gay, or had sexual intercourse with each other, but they claimed that only men could understand one another, discuss deep subjects and share true love.

The Romans though, basically had harems of young men to provide them with a good polish every now and then.

I guess if I was a gay or asexual man I would understand. But it doesn't make sense. I just can't see how not doing one action that is highly pleasureful (or painful if you're into that sort of thing) can make you think on a nearly enlightened level.

If you saw Croching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Chow Yun Fat's character was enlightened mulitple times, and got some all the time.

But yeah, its hard for men and women to understand eachother, I'll give you that.

i'm no philosophic genius, but i think it lets you think on a more enlightened level because you are not distracted by the need to do it. its like trying to read a complicated book with really loud music on.

and no, socrates was not gay... he had three sons and a wife.
:D

Yeah, thinking is just another obstacle in the way of true enlightenment. If the world collectively stopped thinking at the same time and just sat down and dwelled in their own apathy, this world could come to a much better end. The way it is now, you have a zillion people who are thinking way too much, but are lead by politicians who have already reached this higher state of not thinking at all. It kind of clashes, and this breeds all kinds of problems, such as race hatred, culture clashes and sales taxes.

I say we set one day a year when the whole world stops thinking as a global project, see what happens, and take it from there.

btw, Shaq, you do smoke a lot of dope, don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop Me, The Queen is Dead - most of the songs they did were great. I even like the blatant T-Rex ripoff songs.

Back