F4F "This N*** Here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound's great, but I would lower the 4 keyboard thingy. It do sound good, but it has a tiny too much volume making it sound as it's in a layer of it's own, if you know what I mean. Also the drop feels a bit offbeat, or is it just me? Just need a bit tightening, that's all.

Last edited:
Lots of things to like here... that kick is nice... matter of fact, the whole mix is nice. Sub hits hard & clean. I like the toms, they're nicely done. I like the little glitches and pitch bends that happen now & again too. I like the string/pad that comes in during what I think is the hook section, it gives a uniqueness to the track. But it makes me wonder what type of track you envision on this beat? It seems to oscillate between having a dark sound and a brighter sound when the chorus comes in. I like the Lil Jon synth that comes in during the 3rd verse.

Here are my critiques...I would switch out 3 sounds. #1 the "ay" female voice sample--its been used to death. create a new one. #2 the falling synth sound effect that comes in at the end of the loop every once in a while. it's also a generic/frequently used sound. again, I say create a new sound to fill that space. and #3 the 'rising filter sweep/synth' that comes in before the chorus and in several other parts. I don't know if it was drummer boi or someone else who made this popular, but it makes the beat sound generic.

I think if you swapped out those 3 sounds with original sounds you created (and that no one else has or uses) this beat steps up to a new level. Everything else is on point...very crisp mix, nice arrangement, nice blend of familiar instrumentation with a new added element (the string/synth sound I mentioned above)... just my 2 !

I like the floaty synth strings that come that comes in around 40 sec's. The hats are on point and mix is pretty good as well.

I'd add a little reverb to the claps and maybe add a few more to change up the constant rhythm. Is dope though man!

F4F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back