F4F Mellow Hiphop Joint

jamaldi

Hey guys this a track I've recently finished any feedback would be appreciated and returned in rapid speed.
Thanks all

this is personally my favorite style of hip-hop so i love hearing what people come up with, i like the sampling of the piano and what not but i gotta say i'm not feeling that guitar too much. Nice old-school sounding bass, you definitely got talent man keep it up. I like the snare you used but i feel like it could be boosted in certain frequencies to make it snap a little more or maybe throw some very subtle reverb on it. Also should throw in some more percussive elements like an open hi-hat or some cymbals. Anyways good work, should be a little longer imo but overall i give it a 8.5/10.

Check this:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-sampledd-instrumental-free-d-l-new-474381/2/

snare could use a slight downpitch (like -50c) and just abit less volume, the guitar could use reverb. but otherwise this is nice, just that snare comes in too much, i like the notes the guitar plays but it sticks out too much for the vibe.

you def got the mellow vibe down man. i dont know about the guitar man. it sounds like it works but at the same time it doesn't . sorry if i cant explain it man. but if it fits your taste then def keep it in there man cause the melody for it blends real well with the overall elements. mix is on point too. good job

Yeah nice jazzy hiphop beat.
I like the sample you chose.
The incoming strings are nice aswell.
The only thing is that guitar.
It does not fit i think (my opinion) and the snare is a bit to loud.
Mix is good. I just would choose another kick and layer the kick sounds.
Anyway this is nice and smooth stuff.
Keep it up!

first off, those kicks sound great, but I think the snare needs a little work. I think even a hard rimshot with reverb on it would work well, perhaps layered with a clap (not an 808 one). Pianos sound great, as does the bass, really diggin the vibe of it all, but agree with the poster who said the guitar doesn't sound quite right with it - maybe tweak the instrument?

Also there's quite a prominent hissing noise - don't know if that's intentional.

Hope I don't sound too negative because I love the beat and the idea of it, sounds great well done!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ack/kaleidoscope-ep-complete-mastered-474711/

Man this is so mellow, I'm actually feeling that guitar sound, might wanna tweak it a tad bit get it more present in the song/mix, bout to follow your soundcloud right now lol

Thanks for the feed on my post earlier man I updated it again give it another listen

this is right up alley. I really enjoyed listening to it. The piano and string samples were dope and I dug the drums too. my only question would be about the guitar? was it a sample or played on a keyboard? i thought part of the guitar part sounded out of tune with the rest of the song but that just coulda been my ears

Good stuff bro.
for me the snare needs a boost around 250Hz - 350Hz maybe??, I like how its snappy though, Compressed?? Also that guitar, i think it'll sound heaps better if you put a nice amp on it just to bring out some of the nice frequencies the guitars have and subtle reverb, not washed out so it sounds deep but just so it sits back in the mix if you know what i mean.
With the arrangement, maybe just drop out the drums for like 8 bars or so somewhere so it kinda breaks it up a bit. Unless thats what your then it works too.
Just my thoughts man.
hope this helped bro overall i love the mellow-ness of this joint, mad smoking tune. Keep it up.

Snare i my opinons should be bit down on volume.
Maybe hi hats abit louder.
The rest i like.Sounds like real hip hop beat like they sused to be.

Last edited:
It is a real mellow beat, to be honest not really my style. I like what you did and now I understand your "robotic" issue under my thread on that RnB beat! Thank you for your advice and my advice would be to keep going in because this beat has potential! My oooonly thing would be the snare like others, it's a bit too high and loud as well. Imo it should sit in the back a bit but it's still dope!

Very lowkey beat, like the drums, and the piano, although I think the beat lacks some progression. This has a very 90's feel to it, just very simple and straightforward. Not something for me, but solid production, man!

Back