F4F Check This Shit Out Bruh

Is that bell the "Childlike" sound from a Roland synth?

Cool beat, but man am I tired of hearing that Lex Luger sound. You can make an original one using like any synth sound and some gating. Snare has too much reverb relative to it's volume (which should be brought up) imo. Around 1:05 you layer the synth with another one. I don't think the new one is that good. This shit definitely kicks though, haha. Not a bad beat to me it's missing something that really sets it off. It's got a cool main vibe though. It just ended with a pitch bend... you can apply that to any synth sound, combine it with some gating and wala, a Lex Luger like thing that isn't literally his sound. I'm probably harping on it, but playing that to me is like having "may may may may Maybach Music" or "Just Blaze" on top of beat that neither of them made. It's not just like a synth preset on a keyboard (or maybe it is) but it's like his signature sound. Not even like his style, quite literally his sound. It'd be like a dude who not only sounds like Jay-Z but then shouts out "Rocnation" in the middle of a song. Ugh, but I'm ranting now. The track was straight. I played the whole thing. Just that hook synth, the snare volume, and Lex Luger thing stood out as stuff I didn't like.

Check me out when you get a chance.

Back