exporting w/ boss sp-505

N

Neokinetik

k, here's the deal, i put the smart media card in the reader hooked to my comp, and all the samples are in .sp0 format, can i convert those to .wav? and if not, how do i get ish off my sampler and onto my computer? jus line to line? thanks, pz!

I am having the same problem as you. I never thought about this before I purchased the 505. There has to be a way around this.

I can't find anything about saving as a .wav in the manual or during the saving process.

Like many other samplers, the SP505 must be tracked into a recording program. You can not save your beats as a wav file and export it that way, they must be tracked, like an MPC.

sp0 format is a roland SP proprietary format and will be useless to you other than backing stuff up.

MaZe

I have 2 questions. Can you explain to me what cables i would need to connect to my sound. Also, i have Acid 4.0, can I use acid for tracking? Thanks.

MelleMel WTF?

Acid records audio but I think it does so quite clumsly (IMHO) but if this is what you have this is useable.

The SP505 has RCA outs that you would have to connect via RCA cable to your soundcards RCA ins, assuming you have an RCA soundcard (my guess is you do). If you do not then you would just need an RCA to 1/4 TRS cable, if you have 1/4 ins on your soundcard.

Solo each track that you created on the SP505 and record them one by one into their own audio track in acid. Add FX, mix, export as wav/mp3.

MaZe

Thanks Maze. Yes Yukmouth is from Oakland. Hes actually not a good rapper. I am going to make a new username. In fact, he is really bad. I feel like an idiot for making yukmouth my username.

Well I loved the Track "I got 5 on it" and I know yukmouth was in Luniz.

your a fool. yukmouth is one of the best westcoast rappers there is. Checkout his double album (I forget the name) released in the mid-late 90's. Its one of my favorite albums featuring some excellent west coast production. As far as double albums(rap), I rank it top 5.

Back