Experimenting ??

xtriker99

Have any of you hip hop heads producers , or producers in general, are or have experimented on doing different genre of music such as dance music, electronic, dubstep, etc ? Can you stick to two different genre of music (producing wise).
Want to heard your opinions.

Have any of you hip hop heads producers , or producers in general, are or have experimented on doing different genre of music such as dance music, electronic, dubstep, etc ? Can you stick to two different genre of music (producing wise).
Want to heard your opinions.

I do a bunch of different genres. It is pretty easy to do. If you like music and get ideas in your head, all you have to do is get the right sounds and lay something down.

One of the easiest ways to begin to make music in a different genre is to make stuff in the genre you enjoy and then incorporate a few elements of other genres into your work. For example, you can make a trap beat and add a wobble bass.

Do that a few times, and then just swap out the trap drums with an electronic drum kit. Now you have began to make dubstep. You can then just listen to a bunch of different dubstep tracks from popular artists in that genre to get more ideas.

Next, make a dubstep track and then add electronic guitar parts to it. Eventually, you will go into making rock music. These genres blend together much more than you think.

Start experimenting and do it a lot. Forget getting feedback or trying to sell beats for a while. Just work on your music for months until you create something new. That is how people get great at what they do. You do not need any validation or rule book.

I'm learning jazz so I can better understand musicianship and incorporate those elements into my own music.
Also, isn't hiphop pretty much considered electronic music anyways?

Back