Everybodys faveeeeee programe to use and why ? I'm Fl studio user and Reason

Whats your faveeee VST ?

PROGRAME ?

:victory:

I use Reason. Thought about for like forever to start making music, and finally I asked a friend who's a professional producer how to get started. He pointed out Reason and I'm glad he did, It has everything you need. The learningcurve was terrible (we're talking from zero here) but so worth it. I now feel confident enough to use whatever DAW u throw at me :) Favorite VST would be Sylenth :)

fl studio and reason for making beats and stuff, zebra omnisphere and garritan along with bfxr for sounds.

my backup daws just in case imageline and propellerhead would no longer existfor some reason, i'd transmigrate to reaper and cubase combo.

Cubeast.....that's just like regular Cubase but like 9000 times more awesome just because I am using it.

Reaktor is my favorite VST because it can become whatever awesome shit I want it to be.

I actually use BiaB
- it has genuine uses i that you do not need to understand a genre completely to productive in it and in the end you can eliminate anything you don't like anyway
- the underlying concept is that of a composers amanuensis
- an assistant that knows the composers style of writing
- easy enough to write your own routines to do this if you can analyse your own writing style

Well that certainly sounds a lot more interesting than my first idea. However I think I'd have some problems with it since I am not sure I could analyse my own style of writing.

I actually use BiaB
- it has genuine uses i that you do not need to understand a genre completely to productive in it and in the end you can eliminate anything you don't like anyway
- the underlying concept is that of a composers amanuensis
- an assistant that knows the composers style of writing
- easy enough to write your own routines to do this if you can analyse your own writing style

I installed Band in a Box off an old floppy not that long ago, it originally came bundled with the gigantic Roland Rap 10 ISA sound card that I got back in the mid 90's, there was also a program called DoReMiX but that installation disk seems to have shit itself.

I just kind of threw it into the computer when I was looking for something else, don't know that I will actually use it though.....maybe I might use it when sorting out my MIDI routing or something.

Well i started with fl studio long time ago then did some work on logic and nowadays im using ableton.
My favorite vst would be massive for now i also like working on Harmor on fl studio and nexus is a must for all the goto sounds.

I tried to use BIAB, but I just could not get along with the interface. Then again, it was an old version one of my classmates had on an old pc. Been tempted to go in for the newest version with the Real Tracks or whatever they are called, but I have iRealB for the iPad and its pretty much all I need at the moment.
For everyone else, I recommend iRealB as a great practice and compositional tool. You can demo chord progressions in it and practice along with the many style sets available. It even has a chord dictionary for guitar and piano (though the guitar chords are kinda limited, not enough drop 2 shapes, imo).

I tried to use BIAB, but I just could not get along with the interface. Then again, it was an old version one of my classmates had on an old pc. Been tempted to go in for the newest version with the Real Tracks or whatever they are called, but I have iRealB for the iPad and its pretty much all I need at the moment.
For everyone else, I recommend iRealB as a great practice and compositional tool. You can demo chord progressions in it and practice along with the many style sets available. It even has a chord dictionary for guitar and piano (though the guitar chords are kinda limited, not enough drop 2 shapes, imo).

Yeah, I think the real value of these types of programs is being able to lift up the hood and see what's going on in different genres.

I like FL Studio. If I get an Idea the interface is very easy to make everything happen. Every window does certain jobs I can use hot keys to open up different things depending on what I want to do. I tend to use F6 F5 and F9 the most lol for going between the playlist, step sequencer, and mixer. The only other DAW's I have messed around with are Sonar X2 and Ableton, of the two Sonar was really complicated for me to get going. I didn't put much time into Ableton, If I had a controller I'm sure it would be much different.

If I had a controller I'm sure it would be much different.

Absolutely, FL Studio's main strength is that it makes a tedious input method slightly less tedious but still not as efficient as inputting notes with a MIDI controller, as such FL Studio appeals more to a certain demographic of users, like if you don't have a MIDI controller something like Cubase is not going to have the same appeal as FL Studio because Cubase is geared more towards doing awesome shit with a MIDI controller.

Back