Everybody being a rapper/producer

Nicro

OK, now everyone always complains about how everyone is a rapper or producer nowadays. I have mixed feelings about it. I mean yes, some people just suck and should stay fans, but can you really be mad at them for trying? I mean everyone here at one point said "Man...this is dope. I wanna make beats/rap." And then you tried. So how can everybody get so mad about others trying it too?

Thoughts?

well i think the reason a lot of ppl are trying to rap and produce is because the music industry is sort of full of low quality music and people are sitting there watching ppl get famous for something they could do for an example rappers like soulja boy he isnt really special and you could find someone on the street jst as good as him so why not try ur luck to be the next soulja boy..get wht im trying to say

Because it oversaturates the genre and makes it harder to find talented people when you have to sort through all the bullshit. Just like how it's a lot easier to find your car when there's only a handful of cars in the lot versus finding it in a full parking lot.

Well yes it does oversaturate. But what I'm saying is everybody started somewhere. And yes some people should just quit. Its just hard for me to knock cats for trying out music.

Well yes it does oversaturate. But what I'm saying is everybody started somewhere. And yes some people should just quit. Its just hard for me to knock cats for trying out music.

It's cause people who suck come in and automatically think their dope. There's a huge difference between someone being not that good because they just started and someone not good "working on their CD"

It's cause people who suck come in and automatically think their dope. There's a huge difference between someone being not that good because they just started and someone not good "working on their CD"

Yeah I'm agreeing with that.

I guess what should really should be discussed is why are cats thinking they are good when they suck. That is my thing as well, seeing cats who are wack but don't realize this. I still have the first beat I ever made and it sucks. At the time I thought it was somewhat decent. Its not. Now I know what sucks and what doesn't. Why does this not happen for some people?

My theory is just that back in the day if you sucked you were told so. Now guys just jerk eachother off I guess? Don't know.

Yeah I'm agreeing with that.

I guess what should really should be discussed is why are cats thinking they are good when they suck. That is my thing as well, seeing cats who are wack but don't realize this. I still have the first beat I ever made and it sucks. At the time I thought it was somewhat decent. Its not. Now I know what sucks and what doesn't. Why does this not happen for some people?

My theory is just that back in the day if you sucked you were told so. Now guys just jerk eachother off I guess? Don't know.

It a mixture of ego and the "hater complex"

People now a days are made to believe if they tell themselves hard and long enough they are dope, then they are.
If someone disagrees it's not an ompinion anymore, your automatically a jealous "hater"

Very true. Hater bullshit. Dumb ****s on the web don't have haters. They don't. I recommend the Felonious Munk Video on this.

And listening to shitty music probably ****s up the way you hear things.

It a mixture of ego and the "hater complex"

People now a days are made to believe if they tell themselves hard and long enough they are dope, then they are.
If someone disagrees it's not an ompinion anymore, your automatically a jealous "hater"

LMAO the bragging of these "dope" artists is the worst part. And some of these wack acts actually get more gear and keep telling they will blow up. Let the music speak for itself and stay humble.

Because it oversaturates the genre and makes it harder to find talented people when you have to sort through all the bullshit. Just like how it's a lot easier to find your car when there's only a handful of cars in the lot versus finding it in a full parking lot.

+1

Real talk.

Your post just reminded me of the time when I just finished recording this artist, and he said to me: "Its not that we suck, its just that nobody knows who we are yet..."

I mean why not do both? I personally don't like depending on anyone to rap on my beats so I rap on my own when I want, and found I actually sounded good doing it not really surprising when I used to mess around with the rap thing before production. People in this thread care too much what the next man is doing, its mad annoying, its like I can feel the bitterness because some of ya'll probably can't go from producing to being a dope artist, vice versa. Why waste time talking about how wack people are if your comfortable with your own abilities? but anyway i can confidently say I can rap, produce, engineer and can "POSSIBLY" sing too(something I'm actually working on at this point)stop being stagnant and discover some talents you thought you never had.

I mean why not do both? I personally don't like depending on anyone to rap on my beats so I rap on my own when I want, and found I actually sounded good doing it not really surprising when I used to mess around with the rap thing before production. People in this thread care too much what the next man is doing, its mad annoying, its like I can feel the bitterness because some of ya'll probably can't go from producing to being a dope artist, vice versa. Why waste time talking about how wack people are if your comfortable with your own abilities? but anyway i can confidently say I can rap, produce, engineer and can "POSSIBLY" sing too(something I'm actually working on at this point)stop being stagnant and discover some talents you thought you never had.

This isn't what this thread is discussing at all.

Yeah your right, I just read the title and a couple posts in this thread and figured it was another "not this again' type of thing.smh

OK, now everyone always complains about how everyone is a rapper or producer nowadays. I have mixed feelings about it. I mean yes, some people just suck and should stay fans, but can you really be mad at them for trying? I mean everyone here at one point said "Man...this is dope. I wanna make beats/rap." And then you tried. So how can everybody get so mad about others trying it too?

Thoughts?

I think its fine for anyone who wants to be a rapper/producer.The Music industry is just like the NFL/NBA/MLB. Our chances of being a successful producer making constant hits for our favorite rappers and singers are The same chances you might be a NBA/NFL/MLB superstar, which is very slim. We as producers/rappers have to put and Hours, months and years to perfect Our craft. There are serious rappers/producer that put in the time and patience to perfect their craft. And there are hobbyist who are doing this cause they don't know what they want to do in life. A lot of cats on this website I bet you in 10 years or even 5 years will probably just stop doing music because of lack of motivation to continue this craft. Only the ones that take this music sh*t serious will get far.

i think that the biggest problem is that said "so called" rappers and producers, put they product out in the public prematurely before developing it, testing it and perfecting it and as a result it is wack. Anyone who has a talent knows that you have to practice and develop your gift through years...not months...not weeks...not days. years of trial and error and education through exposing yourself to different artists and musicians work to become good and great. to often i come across somebody selling beats, that just started 2 months ago...its just no respect for the genre or any work ethic put into it anymore. So we say that some of these ppl are wack, and rightfully so, but some have something but they are so eager to put it out that they just throw it out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ego will kill.
my entire group just died because of the same thing. now its a label that just make beats for.
its a "job" now.

ego will kill.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

if the problem is premature rappers, the problem goes back to ego.

producer ego = not knowing when your just a beatmaker and your not contributing anything to the record beyond the beat. a crappy rap on a decent or even great beat is a crappy record (most of the time).

rapper ego = not listening to producers and just taking the beat and flying away. you just ruined a good beat with your walkitout rhymes.

I tell everyone they're dope. Its funny to see wac producers and rappers bouncing and amped like their shyt is hot. See Im a true hater at heart I encourage all those who are wac to keep making wacness.

random rapper: how you like my song? ("girl shake that booty meat" type track comes on)

Me: Damn dog that shyt is dope. Did you use that lex luger 808 kit? This is for the streets right here, and the h*es gon dance to it. When you get on dont forget a nicca.

random rapper: Thanks dog yo shyt hot to.

Me: Nicca you know I cant fuyck wit you..lol

random rapper: lol

Back