Ever feel like you have too much gear?

Casbeatz

Producer/Engineer
I feel I lack organization in my studio. Maybe it's because I have so many tools I could use, and they all rock...but, that leaves me spending more time figuring out what to use versus making any real progress...Anyone else ever feel like this. If so, did you resolve it? And how?

I feel I lack organization in my studio. Maybe it's because I have so many tools I could use, and they all rock...but, that leaves me spending more time figuring out what to use versus making any real progress...Anyone else ever feel like this. If so, did you resolve it? And how?

Of course.

One thing I've learned...It's not worth leaving things out you don't need/use. They just clutter space. Throw them in a closet, bring them out on the rare occasion you use them.

yea, i used to have drum machines and sythesizers keyboards/racks n shit all runiing up through the mixer..

I sold all that shit, im software now, never looked back

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

i started with software though (PS1 actually LOL) but used hardware for many years. I had thoughts like your thread title, yes i felt it was too much BS involved, but still a lovley lil setup dont get me wrong

I felt more realistic with my hardware set up. I go to far out the box just making a random hip hop beat in software because I'm 3 steps ahead of everybody....the world is not ready yet. So hell....I'm waiting on my little synthstation 25 to arrive just so I can calm my ass down and start selling beats.....getting FL studio mobile and shit......yeah....me....with fruity loops. And my home studio is going to be on some hardware type shit. Hate the fact people catching up to the 2006 me man. Fuuck!!!!

Back