Edm

tjustice

Where do you get started making EDM?? I have Fl 11 & Akai Mpk mini. Not sure where i can find sounds for edm type music

Well bro since you have FL Studio 11, you're already on the right track! Go to YouTube and search for SeamlessR and go to his playlist called "FL Studio basics" and just watch the first 10 at least. I know they're extremely long videos but there is so much knowledge. Once you start getting to the synthesis videos is where you'll really start learning a lot man. Seriously live by these synths: Sytrus, Harmor, Harmless, and GMS. If you haven't heard of Savant, go listen to his albums man. He makes everything from scratch in FL. It's tight bro. Subscribe to Computer Music and get their magazines for even more knowledge. You gotta learn and know your tools or you won't be able to produce to your full potential. Let me know if you need help with anything man. I'd be interested in collabin with ya. check out my stuff if you want on soundcloud. I'm under Dr Proctor. :P

Well bro since you have FL Studio 11, you're already on the right track! Go to YouTube and search for SeamlessR and go to his playlist called "FL Studio basics" and just watch the first 10 at least. I know they're extremely long videos but there is so much knowledge. Once you start getting to the synthesis videos is where you'll really start learning a lot man. Seriously live by these synths: Sytrus, Harmor, Harmless, and GMS. If you haven't heard of Savant, go listen to his albums man. He makes everything from scratch in FL. It's tight bro. Subscribe to Computer Music and get their magazines for even more knowledge. You gotta learn and know your tools or you won't be able to produce to your full potential. Let me know if you need help with anything man. I'd be interested in collabin with ya. check out my stuff if you want on soundcloud. I'm under Dr Proctor. :P
Thanks man!!! I will for sure check the videos out & you as well. How long u been working for? Id love to collab once im better, that might be awhile tho

I've been using FL for probably about 2 years off and on. I made a lot of metal the first year though so here in the past year I've really been focusing on producing. There's so much to learn man. All the time. haha.

I've been using FL for probably about 2 years off and on. I made a lot of metal the first year though so here in the past year I've really been focusing on producing. There's so much to learn man. All the time. haha.
Well i better trap myself on fl then lol. U got a twitter to spread your music around or anything

Yeah man my twitter is under DrProctorMusic, soundcloud is a really great tool if you don't already have one. I just put my newest mix in my sig so hopefully you can see that. I just started DJing last week so that mix is a live thing I did with my NI Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2. Fun stuff bro! :P

Yeah man my twitter is under DrProctorMusic, soundcloud is a really great tool if you don't already have one. I just put my newest mix in my sig so hopefully you can see that. I just started DJing last week so that mix is a live thing I did with my NI Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2. Fun stuff bro! :P

ill check all your stuff out for sure man!! im guessing eventually ill need some turn tables soon & learn how to dj

Yeah I think if you plan on performing your original stuff live and also just mixing stuff together in general, get a DJ controller for it. Mine is by Native Instruments and it came with Traktor Pro 2. I seriously recommend it if you plan on making that kind of purchase. I got it from Sweetwater and they do like a 3 month financing thing if you're strapped on cash. I got a kid so I know I am. :P

Yeah I think if you plan on performing your original stuff live and also just mixing stuff together in general, get a DJ controller for it. Mine is by Native Instruments and it came with Traktor Pro 2. I seriously recommend it if you plan on making that kind of purchase. I got it from Sweetwater and they do like a 3 month financing thing if you're strapped on cash. I got a kid so I know I am. :P
Yea, i will try & get one of those. But i could use one of those to perform live & just mix whenever? lol lucky me i guess 15, kid free i hope

Yeah you can use it live with the software called Traktor Pro 2. You basically load your tracks from a playlist you set prior or just from your library and you use your hardware controller to mix everything using cue points, the crossfader, fx knobs(the built-in fx are insane), and it has a little controversial cheat button called "sync" which will automatically just sync your two tracks together and they will never go out of sync(called phasing). Also it'll beatgrid your tracks so that they are basically snapped to perfection with the bpm. pretty sweet stuff man. The future is AWESOME. Yeah definitely stay kid free at least until you're 25. My advice, take it for what it's worth... lol.

Well, since "EDM" is a generic term, it really depends what sounds you'll need to make a full song. House is different from drum and bass, which is different from techno, which is different from trance.

Each sub-genre has it's own characteristics, so you should search for sound packs directed to the style you want. Don't forget that there's always some good free packs on the internet (just google it) before you spend some good money on Vengeance packs (because people WILL tell you to get vengeance).

Two-step tutorial for creating convincing EDM:
1. Trigger random synth and drum sounds in your daw

2. Sidechain everything

BAAAM! Instant tracks.

buy some vst's like sylenth1 and some dope presets watch some top edm produces like avicii and swedish house mafia making beats on youtube.. that will really help

Back