EDM Questions ( Producers edition :p )

L3NT

Hey guys my second post here . i ve got 4 questions fl producer (noob)
i was listening to martin garrix proxy , dvbbs a while back so my ques related to that and its not my genre of edm so yea
1.Im not sure how to ask this , like how do you make those beat sounds after the drop . so its like basically a prekick sound , bass and the lead or wtv right ?

2. So for a normal edm song i.e something like avicii which dosent start with beats and stuff how to come up with an intro for that type ?
i have so far used realguitar , pianos and organs for my intro then to the leads . Suggest me some instruments for intro

3.How to structure a song ? like use the same chords in different instruments and add a bit of variation or how do you personally do it? (would like to know how other producers structure their song)

4. I ve always wanted to know this .. So suppose you open a sound bank or tweak controls in sylenth , do you try the sounds on an already laid out chord(s) or you create a chord based on the sound you find in the bank

1.Im not sure how to ask this , like how do you make those beat sounds after the drop . so its like basically a prekick sound , bass and the lead or wtv right ?

It really depends on the genre of the song. Normally, after the drop, you'll have a verse, so it has, let's say, 70% of the energy of the song (reaching 100% on the chorus after)

2. So for a normal edm song i.e something like avicii which dosent start with beats and stuff how to come up with an intro for that type ?
i have so far used realguitar , pianos and organs for my intro then to the leads . Suggest me some instruments for intro

I normally start the song with a very atmospheric intro, some lush pads, some ambient sounds. You need to experiment on that, and see what sounds good.

[
3.How to structure a song ? like use the same chords in different instruments and add a bit of variation or how do you personally do it? (would like to know how other producers structure their song)

Song structure varies from genre to genre. For dubstep, for example, you have this: intro-hook/drop-verse-chorus-breakdown-hook/drop-verse/chorus-outro. On House, it's common to start the song directly on the hook/drop part, and then a breakdown before the verse-chorus. It really depends on what are you aiming for. Remember, it's not a rule to follow. It's music, and you can experiment and be creative as much as you want.

4. I ve always wanted to know this .. So suppose you open a sound bank or tweak controls in sylenth , do you try the sounds on an already laid out chord(s) or you create a chord based on the sound you find in the bank
I don't use Sylenth when producing, I can say my main synth is Massive. But I like to tweak some parameters of the presets if I find something I like. Otherwise, I just try to create a sound myself.

Back