Eddie Murphy - Temporary...Yeah The Comedian/ Actor/ Singer

FeloneusSupremeProd

FP Official Threadkiller
Saw this yesterday but checked it out this morning. Eddie has always been able to sing even if "Party all the time" is a long running joke or whatever. No different than Jamie Foxx a comedian who can also sing. Not what I expected but was alright. Everyone is always talking about listening to something different so what are you thoughts?

Eddie Murphy - Temporary

Video: Eddie Murphy - Temporary

Are we gonna act like we didn't see Tisha Campbell's sexy mulatto self with those, juicy, luscious, suckable lips singin' backup?

Saw this yesterday but checked it out this morning. Eddie has always been able to sing even if "Party all the time" is a long running joke or whatever. No different than Jamie Foxx a comedian who can also sing. Not what I expected but was alright. Everyone is always talking about listening to something different so what are you thoughts?

Eddie Murphy - Temporary

Video: Eddie Murphy - Temporary

Sounds like some Aaron Neville crap. Black men singing over acoustic guitars never got much play in my household. I need that soul!!!!!! Eddie's good with the imitations. His challenge is finding his own voice.

Ha, Dude got all serious when the song dropped HAHA but I can't hate on it though. Just wasn't expecting it.

See all the instruments and everything being played, they did their thing. Not a fan of the song, but I'm almost positive he could pack it up and sell it to a lot of people.

I met Eddie Murphy once. He was nice to me. I don't care for the lyrics much, but I like the song overall. Prince-like, a little bit. (The song, not the voice).

This is hilarious. I can't take it. :cry:

Good songwriting. Eddie needs a lot of work vocally. He ain't slick.

Last edited:
re

Sounds like some Aaron Neville crap. Black men singing over acoustic guitars never got much play in my household. I need that soul!!!!!! Eddie's good with the imitations. His challenge is finding his own voice.

damn, hating on Aaron Neville who is 1000x times better singer than Eddie murphy is. you ever heard "tell it like it is"? kind of soulful a tiny bit more than party all the time. a black man over acoustic guitars is pretty nice, in my opinion. Guys like charlie patton, robert johnson, blind lemon, son house, muddy waters, etc wrote the book in a day that was much tougher and sketchier than today.

damn, hating on Aaron Neville who is 1000x times better singer than Eddie murphy is. you ever heard "tell it like it is"? kind of soulful a tiny bit more than party all the time. a black man over acoustic guitars is pretty nice, in my opinion. Guys like charlie patton, robert johnson, blind lemon, son house, muddy waters, etc wrote the book in a day that was much tougher and sketchier than today.

I dont doubt it. When I used to dig I came across an artist named Richie Havens. He seemed to appear to have a little soul. My parents never played any Aaron Neville. They're both under 50. Moms played alot of Jodeci, Mary J Blige and Jagged Edge.Pops played hip hop and on Saturdays was Old School Sample day where he would play the records that producers sampled. One day he played all the samples from Dre's Chronic album. There has to be a few artists who can make some soulful songs with a guitar. I just dont know who they are.

i hope his album does decent with sells.
i actually like the song. good message, and musically sound.
i also like the fact that he hasnt sold out to whats popular in the music buisiness today lol.
when i first opened the thread i though he was gonna be singing over some trap r n b type shit or radio beats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Eddie Murphy, he's multi-talented. But you can't compare him to Jamie when it comes to singing.

I like this more though:

Back