Ebay for synthesizers

Re-Twist

iRetwistMusic
Hey guys,Is ebay trustworthy on selling/bidding those synthesizers for such great bidding and selling prices?

J-Rock Productions said:
you would be better off buying a new synthesizer.

What kind of advice is that supposed to be. I have bought quite a number off ebay and all transactions have been perfect. Of course you need to apply the basic rules of ebay: making sure the user is valid and has postive feedback and if you are bidding for expensive equipment make sure you take all necesssary steps to protect your financial transactions.

Re-Twist said:
Hey guys,Is ebay trustworthy on selling/bidding those synthesizers for such great bidding and selling prices?
It apppears that you don't understand what eBay is.

eBay is an auction service.

You don't buy things from eBay, you buy from people who sell on eBay.

Therefore, the question "is ebay trustworthy" doesn't even make sense. It's really a question of whether you can trust the specific person selling the item you want. eBay provides various methods to help you determine this, most importantly the "feedback" system.

Don't worry about "great prices" - 90% of the time the 'great prices' jump up significantly in the last minute or so of bidding (I lost an auction on some gear a while back where the price jumped from $125 to $350 in the last 48s).

As long as you don't do stupid things, you should be fine. There's a few scammers out but ebay generally does a pretty good job at protecting people AS LONG AS YOU DO BUSINESS THROUGH EBAY.

Yes, I agree with J, as long as your cautious and pay attention to all the details in the listing as well as the sellers feedback and history, you'll be fine.

I've picked up a few awesome deals off Ebay from a Motif to a Rhodes 73.... I've also sold a number of boards on it too without any hitches.

Personally, I prefer buying from sellers using Paypal and they have 2000$ insurance covered. Local sellers are also great too (heck, if it's a big item, i'll test them and ask if pickup is available...)

Definitely DO not complete a sale outside of Ebay, those listing that say "do not bid unless you contact me first at EATMEASS@HOTMAIL.com are 95% fraud....

Snipe away!

Ebay is great if you know how to buy. I buy from people that have at leats 50 or more tranasctions and have basically 100% good feedback. Ive also bought many pieces of equipment off ebay and had only good experiences. I will say its possible to have a problem but no more than if you were to buy from a shop. You can buy new and used on ebay and its like real life. If you buy from someone reputable then your ok, if you buy from the guy selling the high end synth for next to nothing then you deserve everything you get.

CHECK OUT MY TUNES
DAYLIFE RECORDS

I bought my Juno 106 off of ebay and the transaction went smoothly. I checked the seller's past auctions for other synths and read the buyer's feedback. Most everybody was satisfied with the condition and terms of the deal so I went ahead and paid a little extra for piece of mind. It worked out for me.

On the other side, one time I saw a guy selling a lot of house records. He claimed that a friend of his quit djing, moved out and this crate was left behind. I checked his history and he had never sold anything else music related so I figured that he was probably telling the truth, plus the price was right. I ended up with a solid lot of old chicago house and detroit techno records. Well worth the price I paid.

I guess I'm just saying that you should always scrutanize the seller's history.

i love Ebay... i've both bought and sold numorous things on it. the biggest thing is DO YOUR RESEARCH... you cant impulse buy on Ebay, you have to know about how much it should be selling for and know the history from the person your buying from... (i shouldnt be letting all my secrets out... but for my fellow FPers..) also make sure you READ the whole listing! be warry of as-is, no returns, zero feedback/new sellers.

If the price is too good to be true... it prolly is (broken, not the right item, stolen, something wrong with it)

I love Ebay too.
I bought and sold several synths and fx modules and I was never scammed. Just pay some attention to people with a lot of negative feedback or with only a few feedback yet. And always send a mail in advance to ask if the gear is in superb technical and visual condition.
And last but not least: if the seller is somebody in your neighbourhood, then make a deal that you will pay cash after trying out the gear. If it doesn't work, obviously no cash...
Good luck & have fun !!

I have bought and sold more gear on eBay and Craigslist then I've ever even went to the store and tried NEW... let alone buying it. If you are a level headed individual with a sense of personality, it is pretty hard to get scammed these days.

Bought a JUNO 106 off Ebay... Was Perfectly fine
Bought a Fantom X7 on Ebay... Was Perfectly fine

Back