Dumb it down

no, the way you introduce yourself to the game can impact your whole career

instead of dumbing down to get a deal, id stay true until i find the right label

or hell..even start my own, like jay-z did

he was refused by every label there was so he was involved in the start up of one

only if you do you, you can have the career you deserve and maximize your potential

Last edited:
not a chance - pretend you are something that you are not and it will eventually come back to bite you big time.....

Last edited:
Many people are dumbing down their stuff. Mustard obviously has dumbed down his sound because he's much better than the crap Tyga raps over. But people seem to like these weak 1 note midi beats. If it sells people are going to make it for the artist requesting. If a big artist came to you asking you to make a beat like make it nasty, you won't turn them down.

Many people are dumbing down their stuff. Mustard obviously has dumbed down his sound because he's much better than the crap Tyga raps over. But people seem to like these weak 1 note midi beats. If it sells people are going to make it for the artist requesting. If a big artist came to you asking you to make a beat like make it nasty, you won't turn them down.

This is true

you will be "hot" dumbing your music down with a catch hook. you will be a legend sticking to the roots of hip hop. which is talking about your soul.

I haven't really run into that problem. If I made it I felt it. Be it trap, EDM, Dub, Rock, Hip Hop or R&B. Plus if I'm asked to make a certain type of track I will attempt it because it's my job to.

Back