Drum Design Synths

DimensionX

I'm looking for a 'best' or a best combination of drum design synths. I know some of you out there have experienced many or if not all of them and im wondering which ones you have stuck with!

Thank you!

For the kick I think Nicky Romero's Kick is perfect (search for it on YouTube) I can't type a link yet.... I never used before but I'd like to buy the plugin:

Do you mean hardware or soft? I'll talk hard...

Kawai XD5 - one of my favs for weird digital drum hits... Not the best for kicks; but I still use them in dance releases... Percussion; hats and general Fx are sick and very usable if programmed properly... and the digital crunch cuts right through my mixes. Keep coming back to this year after year for a another programming session. Should be able to get one cheap (less than AU$200).

Other than that; you have the usual options; but - despite the onslaught you'll get from purists, a novation drum station (V2 or more) is great source for classic electronic hits on a budget. No matter how many times I've read on a forum about how this can't stand up in a track; I sit back and laugh knowing that the "909 kick" that's punching through my tracks and various other sounds are from this machine... I mean sure; for the purists; it's NOT an 808 or a 909... but as a drum sound source: it's awesome and cheap...

And then soft: I've used Rob Papen Punch - I was very impressed an would recommend it. I've never used in any tracks (I don't own it); but it seemed to be great and very deep. Super clean sound if that's what you're after (well... that's pretty hard to avoid within a single instrument in software)...

Hope that helps.......

Last edited:
Tried {Kong,tremor,regular synths,addictive drums, drumaxx,battery, drumica,damage,west africa}

Keepin {kong, regular synths,damage, west africa}
xln va bfd....prolly would use both but not too sure. Rather one big drum set so bfd might replace xln.

However I might take kong alittle further and merge that thing with thor or parsec.

Currently this - enough options, superb sequencer, not too wide open to get constantly distracted.

elk-analogrytm_1.jpg

Machine Drum too if you want to spend the cash... Lots of options in this (I regularly use this in my tunes, and have also sampled the #### out of it, and still find new things to squeeze out)... Pretty keen on getting me one of the above too though - the machine drum is very clean digital (which is great for contrast against analogue or natural drums); so I think they'd go well together...

Back