Drake & Lil Wayne On Track to Make $3 Million EACH From Pandora

Legal Dollaz

Pandora: Pandora and Artist Payments

As I been advocating to the young G's new to the business or prepping to get into the biz for the last couple of seasons on FP make sure you're up on your PUBLISHING game and beware of the 'pub sharks' because its money out there with your name on it via various digital streaming platforms.

And speaking of money the deadline to register and get that SoundExchange paper is October 15:

http://www.soundexchange.com/perfor...unregistered-artists/?search=Artanker#results

Its no longer about that 1 big payday, instead its about the total sum of an ever increasing amount of revenue streams. Make sure you're properly informed and positioned.

Get money

Last edited:
In order for Pandora to go black (in the real world its actually about more profit in the major shareholders pockets) it will come at the cost of reducing royalty payments to YOU, which is what they're fighting congress for (and the purpose of putting the numbers out publicly). Watch what you hope for...

Last edited:
In order for Pandora to go black (in the real world its actually about more profit in the major shareholders pockets) it will come at the cost of reducing royalty payments to YOU, which is what they're fighting congress for (and the purpose of putting the numbers out publicly). Watch what you hope for...

I know... That's why I am saying that we have not figured out a good model for music yet.
Either we get less, or we get nothing because Pandora will have to file for chapter 7 so to speak.

I know... That's why I am saying that we have not figured out a good model for music yet.
Either we get less, or we get nothing because Pandora will have to file for chapter 7 so to speak.

True, I'm wondering if the issue is truly a matter of radio streaming being a flawed business model or is Pandora suffering from mismanagement since Pandora doesn't have nearly the overhead burden of Sirius XM but are fighting for a reduced royalty rate that matches Sirius. I think both sides of the argument hold valid points and maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle of the road with some bending from all sides involved. The good news is the money POTENTIAL is becoming a reality and making a living off of your music can become a reality for more than just the few big acts at the top of food pyramid

Last edited:
So ascap, bmi etc dont do that, only sound exchange?

Soundexchange handles all digital performance royalties such as internet radio (Pandora), satellite radio (Sirius XM) and music programs on cable TV (Music Choice). ASCAP/BMI/SESAC takes care of all the traditional non-digital performance royalties. Keep in mind that Sony/ATV which is now the No #1 publisher in the planet after taking over administration of EMI's catalog have opt to bypass ASCAP/BMI/SESAC, which can become a dangerous trend in the business for you the writer but that's another topic

In this age where major album placement money has thinned out due to a 50% drop in record sales revenue but at the same time there are more digital platforms popping up everyday streaming music globally the focus in terms of financial viability has switched from mechanical royalties to performance royalties so its important that you do things such as signing up with Soundexchange to make sure you're not leaving any dollars on the table. Unlike the artist you the producer/songwriter can't do club dates or go on tours or sell merch off your fame like the artist can

Back