Dr. Moog passes away

qbsfinest said:
Funky? this isn't james brown LOL

Actually Parliament Funkadelik were HUGE Moog synthesizer users

Read the bio I linked in a previous post in this thread :)

Bob has influenced many genres.

I have been a synth head since the eearly 70s. What I owe this man in terms of my musical (and therefore personal) development is impossible to express in words.

love ya Bob.

This man made a machine that is still celebrated, and even emulated today. This man created a synth that not only set a bar to surpass, but one could even say that he created "the bar" itself, period. This man lived from the days of the "golden vintage" to the mondern compact software era. I'm not going to mourn -- 1. Because I didn't know him personally. 2. Because his life and achievements were (and still are) relevant to us all, and was itself a reward to most of us, and himself.

Long live the Moog, and thus Robert Moog. Respect.

I met Mr. Moog in 1986 at a clinic at Berklee in Boston. He was very nice, and interested in giving kudos to the musicians who play his instruments. I have been impressed by his in-estimable influence on the world of synthesizers and feel that the musical world was greatly benefitted by his presence. I considered him to be very accessible, probably the world's best-known nerd, and he will be missed. Rest in peace, condolences to Bob's family.

Rest in peace Dr. Moog.

On behalf of every synth-user I know here in Denmark and myself.

Andreas

You gave us all something very special! The synthesizer! A gift that changed peoples worlds! and for that we owe you our upmost respect!

R.I.P. BOB! It wouldn't have sounded nowhere near as good with out ya!

R.I.P.

I remember always being told what a synthesizer was in really "ominous" and "space-like" terms. It wasn't until recent years that I discovered that all that magic was brought to us solely by this genius.

One of my fondest childhood memories is listening to the first electronica I ever listened to - and realizing how much I had a taste for it... it was a radio playing exceps of Oxygene 7-13 by Jean Micheal Jarre. The experience was so enlightening that I set out to discover the wonderful world of music driven by synthesizer. Thank you Mr. Moog for participating in warm memories.

Rip Bob

I Meet Bob in 2004 when he visited our store in DK to promote the voyager "for highend..." He was a nice and gentle man who was werry true to what he beleaved in and followed through to whatever he set his mind to.

Rest in Peace Bob Moog U gave us all an importend stone in our upbringing... :)

/ Noizretard

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob didn't actually "make" the synthesizer he designed it, he had a bunch of engineers and all dat build the synth engine and what not.

But still R.I.P

Well Bob didn't invent the "keyboard" (look at the much older clavecimbels and pianola's) neither the "electronic circuit" neither the "knob" but he was so genious to bring those together to make a synthesizer like we know it.
First the big modulars, then - out of modular's garbage - the almighty Minimoog.

Please respect Dr. MOOG as the creator of the synthesizer. He deserves the name even if he wasn't it technically.

Back