Doing a proper LPF Automation Sweep

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, I'm using pro tools and I am working on a trap sample style beat and for the hook which is 8 bars I want to automate a lpf sweep. I am familiar with how to do it and getting it to automate and come on and off when I want to but I am having difficulty getting it to sound right. I have it initially start at about 1.5k hz the sweep starts and it slowly goes down to about 500hz then it goes back up to 1.5k before it turns off and the entire beat and all the drums come back on for the next verse to begin. People say the drake or noah 40 or mike will made it effect. Whatever you want to call it I need a bit of help perfecting and tweaking it to sound right lol. I want it to sound noticeable as soon as it changes into it people can tell the beat has changed up and its the hook and I'm trying to get it to sound deeper as it starts then float back up into the beat if that makes sense. If someone could help and possibly tell me what kind of hz settings and how low you go with your settings that would help a lot! Thanks a lot and sorry if this post is confusing it was confusing for me to try to explain lol.

Edit: Also I have constantly noticed in the beat I'm working on now as well as other beats that for some reason as soon as my filter hits on my lpf filter sweep begins and hits on all of my drums and my sample there is a loud click noise that comes everytime right at the beginning when the filter sweep takes effect. Any advice on getting rid of that?

Last edited:
Back