Does the SP 404 have a big brother???

ABSiNT

I was wondering if Roland has something similar to the SP 404 (i.e. same fx, functionality, workflow) but that lets you record more than one sample per pad.

A while back I replaced my SP 404 for an MPC2000XL, but after learning the MPC, I still prefer the SP 404. My only gripe with the 404 was that I couldn't layer samples on each individual pad.

there is also to sp-555. don't know if it has the features you are looking for but you can look into it.

from what i can tell most of the sp samplers didn't really have a lot to do with each other and they were their own beasts with the exception of the 404 being the upgrade to the 303. I really liked the 606

I liked how the 606 started that cpu/hardware interactive ish. Roland just never kept it going.....just went MV pop and drop on us. The 606 was only 4 tracks if I'm not mistaken.

I liked how the 606 started that cpu/hardware interactive ish. Roland just never kept it going.....just went MV pop and drop on us. The 606 was only 4 tracks if I'm not mistaken.
i dont think the 606 was meant to be more than a drum and sample sequencer and if u had a synth add basslines. for that purpose its great. I never liked the MVs I thought the concept was great but they never got it right for me.

from what i can tell most of the sp samplers didn't really have a lot to do with each other and they were their own beasts with the exception of the 404 being the upgrade to the 303. I really liked the 606

Interesting. So then there was no upgrade to the SP 404? This sucks because I really like the work flow of the 303 and 404. It's just a shame that there's no overdub features.

Slowly but surely I'm getting used to the 2000xl but its definitely been a process; afterall, you're talking to a guy who is switching from software production to hardware.

I switched from hardware to software quickly and easily idk i go back and forth and have for years

The sp 606 may be what Im looking for! Does anybody know if it allows you to record more than one sample to each pad? Also, does it have the same effects as the sp 404 and 303?

Back