Does The Music Industry Hate Black Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^questions to make people think. I'm not a "black woman." Me and the rest of us that are not black women can't answer that.......excpet for WHAT WE SEE THAT IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE. I just lost a mother six months ago....a strong black women. The definition of determination. A women that worked two jobs and went to college for her baby son. She wasn't about to fail.

NOW....with that said.......WHO GIVES A FUUCK...right? I mean...when you see a flamboyant black woman telling your ass off and explaining what she been through and blah, blah, blah right........that is enough for someone to "hate her". HATE HER for correcting mistakes they made that canstop or slow her down. NOT ME HATING HER.......but how other may see her. And the black woman MAY NOT STOP TO SEE THAT AS A PROBLEM! But the MUSIC INDUSTRY IS NOT A MAJOR PROBLEM OR NOT A HARD FIX...IT'S ACTUALLY EASY FIX...when we get our mfing mind right.

My point in all of this.

I forget which artist it was that said it, but she said that its tough going into studios where every producer and engineer wants to bend you over, and that that moved her to work with female producers and to get into producing on her own. The latest episode of Love & Hip Hop Hollywood comes to mind with Yung Berg setting up roses and strawberries to play a final mix for Tierra Mari, or on the Atlanta show how you see Stevie J. So I can understand that. As far as the content of the music, you could say that with videos and the culture in general, all the women you see are sex symbols, even most of the artists that are popular. So you could say that people associate women with sex and don't look to conduct business. but many women call themselves liberated for owning their sexuality and other things like that you'll hear from feminists. So its hard to make a case for misogyny when there's feminists that defend being overtly sexual ... you can't blame it on the men all the time. Also, the "black women" focus ... they act like its a Tommy Sotomayor video, which is obviously target specifically towards Black women. You'd have to show me a mainstream song where Nate Dogg sings "now I never found a Black girl, that I love in the whole wide world" or "every other city we go, every other video, no matter where I go, I see the same Black ho" ... especially when the main complaint is the lack of Black, non-mixed, non-exotic looking women in the videos. And the biggest thing to me was that the women in the video admits that she doesn't listen to the music. Therefore she shouldn't be talking about it. You can't discuss a subject in school without doing your research, so how do you call yourself a responsible journalist, when you're just regurgitating things from people outside of the culture that don't understand the lyrics or the context, or lived those realities ... how can you dissect it?

Law of attraction............it's deeper than sex appeal, hatred of black females, the illuminati, ect.

HOW CAN THE BLACK WOMAN USE IT......to get the respect that SHE WANT AND DESERVE in the industry?

Well....an example would be in the success of sitcoms like Living Single...........Girlfriends............A Different World......ect. We can't focus on the negative......not even THINK about the shit if we want real "change". We must always focus on the positive.......and what worked in the past and why I did and didn't last. Because as long as the energy is shifted into wanting answers to questions that do not SOLVE an ishaa........the ISHAA...will continue to get worse.

Last edited:
Well to the OP, women aren't respected period in the music industry. It's very hard out here for anybody to enter, but especially if you're a black woman. So women have it bad, but black women realllllllllllly have it bad. To be a female rapper, your talent doesn't matter as much(same with men, but to a lesser extent). As someone said earlier, music is a reflection of society. So what is popular is what the most people are checking for. And today there is no excuse; you can find the type of music you like regardless of subject matter because of the internet.

So people are choosing with their clicks, downloads, and attendance at shows. The ratchet shit is what wins in general. There are exceptions and anomalies, but they prove the general rule. Most people do not get entertained by non-ratchet music/content. Wish it weren't so, but it is.

As a Black woman.. we have to do What we have to do. Instead of complaining ,Do it. Many people look at me silly and dont believe I made tracks. I just show and prove. :victory:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back