Does no snitching help or harm?

• More Harmful

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • More Helpful

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • About even

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
In my cities,Memphis and Chicago, only civilians can talk to the law and even then it depends on what they're talking about. For example, someone broke in your home? Fine,report it. Someone broke in your home because your son was stashing bricks there? S*** outta luck. Someone killed your kid in a shooting? He wasn't the intended target...report it. Most organizations deal with the sloppy shooters anyway.Your son gets killed because he was beefing over a corner? S*** outta luck. You get shot and survive in a conflict that you started? S*** outta luck.

No street dudes,be it hitters,dealers,pushers,pimps,enforcers,etc, can talk to the law under any circumstances unless said officer is on the payroll. Even then, it is still to be a discreet meeting and never discussed outside of the organization's top ranking. There are two worlds,gentlemen Civilian and the Underworld..sorry to say that and it's VERY real. Police used to didn't even respond to calls dealing with Watts..those G's were policing their own hood..all the law did was come do the paperwork and scoop up the bodies. Best thing to do is mind your business,honestly. Get you a strap,too..sometimes street dudes venture off into the civilian world and get knocked off....civilians and cops,unless corrupt, are off limits.

People often times get the word snitching confused. You don't snitch when you did a crime and try to include the ones that got away just to get the lesser. You a snitch.....a pussy that wanted to do the crime but scared to do the time.

And snitchin happens to the best of them.

I don't trust the police......not that I hate them.....but I've been handcuff too many got damn times for being falsely accused of shit. As they lie sometimes and say they had plenty of complaints on me.....MFER HOW!!!! When I been minding my own business all day.

And majority of the time it is best for you to just keep your damn mouth shut when you see shit. Because the police is not going to be with you 24/7. And people got cousins, brothers, sisters, close friends......who don't appreciate you being a "witness" (not a snitch) that if you had shut your mouth, their relative could be free due to a situation he got in once. So intead of you living life as you normally do, you have to wory about getting your ass whooped or your seed not seeing you any more because you dead for running your mouth. I that shit worth it? What did you gain......to trade your life for one less person off the streets? What? You too scared to get with the community and try to fix the situation? Yeah...because that don't work, right? Because your way is not going to solve nothing for the community nd especially yourself. It's time to move before your mouth get you in trouble......THAT'S YOUR SOLUTION.

I feel ya but what happens if one of the neighborhood thugs shoots and kills a family member of yours in front of a bunch of witnesses. You'd want someone to testify. That's the selfishness and cowardice that goes on in the hood. People dont squeal because they worry about their safety but let something happen to a family member of theirs and it's a different story. They want that person responsible prosecuted. If a crackhead shot someone that everyone knew and loved, people would testify in a heartbeat because they dont fear the crack head. A combination of IGNORANCE AND FEAR fuels the"Sop Snitching" campaign. Ignorant inmature criminals encouarge and threaten people to ignore their criminal lifestyles because they aren't ready for change and even those who disagree with the lifestyle follow their lead because they understandably fear for their lives. PersonallY I'm against snitching for the most part, but it does bother me when someone gets killed epecially if they havent killed someone. I refuse to be desensitized to death to the point where I accept my people being murdered. I do believe in an eye for an eye though.

Last edited:
I feel ya but what happens if one of the neighborhood thugs shoots and kills a family member of yours in front of a bunch of witnesses. You'd want someone to testify. That's the selfishness and cowardice that goes on in the hood. People dont squeal because they worry about their safety but let something happen to a family member of theirs and it's a different story. They want that person responsible prosecuted. If a crackhead shot someone that everyone knew and loved, people would testify in a heartbeat because they dont fear the crack head. A combination of IGNORANCE AND FEAR fuels the"Sop Snitching" campaign. Ignorant inmature criminals encouarge and threaten people to ignore their criminal lifestyles because they aren't ready for change and even those who disagree with the lifestyle follow their lead because they understandably fear for their lives. PersonallY I'm against snitching for the most part, but it does bother me when someone gets killed epecially if they havent killed someone. I refuse to be desensitized to death to the point where I accept my people being murdered. I do believe in an eye for an eye though.

That's my problem right there. Niggas got people thinking it's better for the whole hood. Naw it's only good for the dudes who actually do the crimes. How does me not telling that you shot somebody help me? Now someone's dead and your ass is alive still pushing crack, pills and weed in my neighborhood. Shit ain't get better. We got to get out of the mindset of protecting the niggas that **** up our neighborhood.

Stop snitching is a great thing..at the root..its self preservation...forces black folk to affirm their 5th amendment rights. Many of us get hymed up by what we say post Miranda or about a situation that had nothing to do with us..Police force that shyt, they'll threaten bogus charges on innocent people who they think "might have seen something"....lets not pretend like retaliation isn't real..I've seen little kids and grandmother's get it on these streets for talking.

Way more problems do exponentially more harm:
Abundance of single parent households, underemployment, high unemployment, school dropout, police harassment, abnormally high STD rates, low business development, unchecked mental health disorder, social/behavior disorder, working poor, extreme poverty, lack of access to affordable healthcare, lack of generational wealth, abnormally high incarceration rates for males, unskilled political participation, no politician representation...list goes on.....fix that shyt and the riff raff is controllable like it was pre-intergration.

It boils down to this...black men step up and take control of our community...start with the streets dudes, raise your stature to the point that you can provide economic/social alternative for them...next...police your own communities

This is a producer website but I hope you guy's are developing more ventures than just MUSIC...to many guy's use that as a copout...start other businesses that offer STEADY PAYCHECKS

Solid post

its about even i just look at it as just dont say nothing and you wont get caught in the whole having to snitch situation mixup

exactly. We blindly apply to this rule and yet it hurts us. We continue a cycle of violence. You kill my family member so I kill you for revenge and then your fam kills me. All the while we tell no authorities under the guise that it helps us. Where the **** is the logic in that? We say don't snitch on the neighborhood drug dealer, but yet he deals to a family member who's been taken in by addiction, but hey let's protect the drug dealer.

Back