Does anyone know where I can get this snare??

mikeacela

I cant find this snare sound anywhere and I dont know how to make it, Its in these songs...
Smokin' Rollin' Ft. Pimp C By Juicy J
Netflix (Feat. Fergie) 3:55 2 Chainz

Ive herd this same snare several times in new songs. Im really curious what the the click sound is in the snare. Im new here so Im sorry if this was incorrectly posted but I would really like some one to help me identify how I can get ahold of this snare sample. Thanks

If you are extremely lucky, someone will provide a link for you with a similar snare. More than likely, you wont be spoon fed. You have to do the work yourself to get the sounds you desire. Some people look for an open part of the record where they can sample the snare directly from the song. Some call it biting but it has been done. I've taken a few snares from Dilla and 9th Wonder back in the day. You may have to find a snare and EQ it yourself so that it sounds similar to the sound you're looking for.

I know its much to ask but the snares I mix from various kits and sounds that I have wont have the "Click" and sound that Im looking for like the snares in these songs. Im hoping someone would know where I can get a clean sample from or a vst where its from. thx

Yeah, if you don't have the samples to make that snare, you don't have enough drumsounds. I assume you're familiar with stacking/layering drums, yes. It sounds like the "click" could be from a Clap, the "thump" from a Snare. You might wanna stack Not only just 2, but maybe 3-4 or even 5 sounds on top of each other, all Eq'd & effected with different plugins. And its not so you HAVE to stack a snare with a snare or clap, tweek a kick with a nice high end you like, highpassfilter it or something and slap a delay and some distortion on it and voila you got a nice addition to the rest of your snare.

here's an idea, come up with ur own sounds. See this is exactly what's lacking in "hip hop" these days (and i use that term very very loosely), everyone is just trying to be like the next guy. And it's not even like ur chasing a DOPE sound (like the previous poster said he sampled a jay dee snare and a 9th wonder snare). U wanna make songs like that 2chainz song? awesome, this is exactly what the game needs, more watered down club music.

If u wanna sound just like the next guy and want the exact same drum sounds as everyone else then do us all a favor and stop making music. Your own personal style of drums is one of the main things that separates u from the rest of the pack in hip hop music. Time to get back to basics and show sum originality.

I just like the sound of the snare bro, you don't need to insult me. I know that you may dislike the closely related songs coming out these days but I just like the snare.

I just like the sound of the snare bro, you don't need to insult me. I know that you may dislike the closely related songs coming out these days but I just like the snare.

He's just trying to tell you that if you want to produce or make beats, no one's gonna just give you the sounds you like. You have to do it yourself. That's part of the whole process;collecting your own sounds and samples, playing around with them and EQing them. It takes years to perfect your craft. It's not some overnight thing where you get a few stock sounds and that's it.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

The snare is dope, nothing wrong in trying to archive that type of snare.

Yeah, but he has to at least make the effort to get the snare himself. If you're gonna bite another hip hop producer's drums, at least have the decency to do it yourself. I did it before I learned how to build up my own kits. Many people do it in the early stages when they're just learning. Kanye West admitted he did it many times early in his career. I remember a Scratch magazine article where Kanye said he tried to steal Eminem's drums from a disk in a studio session but Em's people caught on and took the disk. Em's drum programming is wack but he had his drums EQ'ed just like Dre's drums and Kanye couldnt resist what he heard comin thru those speakers. I watch those marly marl recreation videos and youtue and he said. KRS-One's "The bridge is over" are his drums from " The Bridge"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IxUXfhC8TI

Last edited:
There are a lot of drumpacks that have similar sounding snares.
I personally think its just an good 808 snare stacked with a fingersnap.

here's an idea, come up with ur own sounds. See this is exactly what's lacking in "hip hop" these days (and i use that term very very loosely), everyone is just trying to be like the next guy. And it's not even like ur chasing a DOPE sound (like the previous poster said he sampled a jay dee snare and a 9th wonder snare). U wanna make songs like that 2chainz song? awesome, this is exactly what the game needs, more watered down club music.

If u wanna sound just like the next guy and want the exact same drum sounds as everyone else then do us all a favor and stop making music. Your own personal style of drums is one of the main things that separates u from the rest of the pack in hip hop music. Time to get back to basics and show sum originality.

you had some valid points but nobody is gonna listen when you come at them like that. i agree people do wanna bite other peoples styles and hip hop is watered down with way too many mediocre club joints. but to his defense, he only wants the snare.

hip hop was basically founded on biting anyways. looping a drum break and taking a piece of someone else's song to make your own. it has evolved a lot since, but most of us wouldnt be producing today if it weren't for the OGs who literally jacked peoples songs and used them for their own.

Last edited:
Back