Does anyone have an idea how to make sound like this but not sounding like trash?

rōkanu

Hello! I am only playing with FLS sometimes, for years but not too often, so i don't know what ima doing mostly, BUT
I hear something i can't forget in one sound [here it is ofc https://voca.ro/1gyR5tQs1pKv ]
I desperately want to have something like this but with this one is also one problem, like i hear some part of it as SOMETHING but here is also something making it sound like a trash, some sort of snarl/growl (hopefully it's at least correct words) which makes it awful.
So: i need a help, do someone have any idea how to get something like this (if you hear what i hear, bc its hard to explain) but just sounding nicer? Without this growl(?) this is already have unforgetable (for me) melody in my mind but i have no ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :(

Hey brother , the progression of the notes is good but you're too low in the register. Try playing the same keys but on C2 of the midi roll. That way it sounds more like a bassline voice line vs a horror movie voice line.

Too low for the sound you are using it sounds like the sound source is trash, whether its a soundfont/kontakt library/VSTi etc you could find another sound and play the same note name frequencies same register but with a HQ sound and it should work. Or LAYER 2 or more sounds together. Worse comes to worse transpose it up 1 OCTAVE and then layer it and EQ the 2nd layer to keep it Dark & Grimey but you can clean it up and have more control over it.

Back