Does anyone have an akai mpk?

stinis87

Hi fellow producers!

I have just recently got an akai mpk61 and i feel so dissapointed over the keys...you have to push them soo hard down and if u dont no sound will come out. i also feel that the sound should come a bit before you hit the keys at rock bottom.. anyone else feeling the same way about their keys? is there a way to adjust this? cant seem to find it out...it so annoying playing a song and some notes suddenly wont play because their sensitivity is different from the other keys...

appreciate any feedback:)

Last edited:
hey, try adjusting your velocity, threashold, etc...settings on the keys. i love the mpk's keys. As for the other issue, you may be having some buffer issues. inside reason: go to edit>prefrences>audio and then slide the buffer fader as far to the left as you can without your sound clipping..sorry if this doesnt not help. If you still cant figure it out feel free to PM me and id gladly walk you through it via IM or something. To really figure out this problem it would be helpful to have more info as well...not sure how familiar you are with hard ware, so appologies if this adivce offended you. what sound card do you use? what are your general computer specs? what speakers? what other equipment do you have and how is everything set up?

Last edited:
I have to agree with the post above me, one of the reasons I got my mpk was the awesome keys. I recently moved and got a lpk (the teeny one) and when I first got it it seemed like I had to push hard to get any response, but I guess I've just gotten used to it over time cause I forgot all about the issue till just now.

I got the MPK 25, and I only use the keys for a bass line usually, and I have had no problems with it, though as soon as I got it I had a problem with the pads settings so I changed those in the MPK set up programme, if I get any problems with the keys as you have, I'll go straight to that set up programme... I recommend you do the same, google your problem, and see what comes up, and see if you can fix it. If you can't, contact crackzilla, he seems to know what hes on about. Otherwise, contact Akai about it or something :)

I love the keys on my MPK, its the pads that disgust me, anyone know about velocity settings to give them that MPC feel?

I love the keys on my MPK, its the pads that disgust me, anyone know about velocity settings to give them that MPC feel?

I attempted to when I first got my MPK, i have to admit, I ended up resetting it, so I'm not going to give you advice haha

im dealing with the same issue with a "B" key on my mpk 49. I need to hit rock bottom before itll make a sound. The rest of the keys play normally I get them about 80% of the way down and they trigger. I'm going to take it to akai HQ to get it replaced under warranty. In my case I tried different daws and that note just will not trigger till I hammer it. I'd return it if possible, or use warranty.

As far as the Pads go, it is complete abuse of the akai name to sell me a KB with pads and make them so wack and ill designed, especially when the MPC's pads are awesome. I suggest the PAD mod w/ electrical tape or fat pads from third party.

I tried the electrical tape mod, it gave much better results and made that pads actually useful, but still lacked great responsiveness.

GL
When a key goes like that it's often just dirt or some shit is stuck to one of the contacts.

Back