Do you want race and religion discussions as they pertain to "Hip Hop" music?

How would you prefer this forum to be run?

• Total voters
PlanetHitzProduction said:
(to the best of his ability), :

What's that supposed to mean Hitz? You're the one who spelled intelligently wrong... Har Har. Just messin' with ya.

Anyways I'm well aware racial and religious conflicts are not going to be fully resolved for quite some time but sometimes people can actually learn something new from those conversations. The root of racism stems from ignorance. If these topics aren't discussed there will never be any kind of progress. I'm just sayin'. The majority of this forum is made up of hip hop producers. Hip hop has always been political and will always be in some way political. It's not out of context to discuss those kind of issues when music related. I'm just beating a dead horse here. I've said what I have to say. People don't usually listen to me anyway. :p

Last edited:
Cameron Thomas said:
I think the private property excuse is pretty ridiculous. If you throw a party at your home do you tell your guests what they can and can't discuss? Do you walk around shutting down conversations if you feel they are innappropiate? On top of that the members of this forum are the ones basically paying for it. It's our traffic that gets you sponsors in the first place. It may be private property but without the members this site wouldn't exist. The entire censorship thing is just pretty ridiculous. You're going to have problems saying people can say certain things but can't say others just like the nigga vs. f ag conflict. You're going to have the same problem saying people can discuss certain topics but not others. Religion and Politics play a role in music whether you like it or not. Half the sh*t I listen to as far as hip hop goes expresses views on these subjects. It's ok to discuss the latest gossip about who's f*cking who in the music industry but you can't discuss how religion and politics are affecting music? It would be pretty simple to open a general discussion board. Maybe even uncensored :bigeyes: You could even put a warning label on it. WARNING: Your feelings may be hurt and or you may be offended by reading topics in this forum section. That way those people who get offended by reading sh*t on an internet forum won't have any excuse to cry. This poll is just like an american election process where they give you a couple of sh*tty choices and you vote for the lesser of two evils. Ultimately it isn't the people who get what they want. Why don't you put an option for a general discussion section and see which way the votes go then.
i agree with this too i noticed they try to take religion out of everything and thats bad ,if people dont believe in what your talking about they shouldnt even comment on the thread.im tired of hearing about who banged who and who's gay in the industry or the classic software threads about who's tool is better then you go to their page and hear nothing but wackness.lol!!

Cameron Thomas said:
I think the private property excuse is pretty ridiculous. If you throw a party at your home do you tell your guests what they can and can't discuss....section and see which way the votes go then.

I wouldn't let anyone talk about a lot of things around my mother or any family members in my home. So no, I don't tell anyone what they can and can't talk about but for me, I don't need to, dig?
No general forum, run a search, it has been discussed.

For the post right after, we didn't allow the vs. threads for a while. But it came a point where if a dead horse is chosen to be beat, beat away.

Alabaster said:
It's not this serious to me. I got other message boards I can go to to discuss more hardline subjects like race, religion, politics, and current events. I come to FP for comraderie with other people with a similar interest. The only thing I care about is that the people here be involved with the process of music production.... producers, beatmakers, artists, etc., or at least aspiriing to be such and taking an interest in the whole thing. I dont know whether I would miss all the "Wayne loves Baby" threads or "Boosie and Webbie are the best ever" or "Nitti makes classics" threads or whatever if they were gone. However, I would personally much rather keep the site population up, one way or the other. FP is the best site on the web that does what it does with 0 financial investment. Ill take my chances with a few bull**** threads and a few other bull**** threads getting closed to keep it the #1 producer site on the net.

On one hand, I can agree with Cameron on this whole issue, I personally am anti-censorship in almost every aspect of the world. I also can understand the nature of what Sleepy is saying in this whole thing, how if you allow somewhat potentially "offensive" banter within reason, you have to stiffen up somewhat on the other end to keep things orderly to some extent, otherwise you lose the whole concept of what youve set out to do and total anarchy erupts as a result, with topics on any damn thing people can think of.

I personally will be one of those dudes that is cool with whatever decisions are made, if its something that really gets my goat, Ill just go somewhere else. But status quo isnt really that big a deal to me despite how I generally feel about censorship. FP isnt the same site is was when I joined, I dont forsee things going back to what they were back then, we have tried and failed. Ive been 1 week banned too, over something pretty borderline that was discussed in PMs even, but I took my lumps like a man, mainly because its just not that serious to me. Its an online producer/music forum, I just treat it like such nowadays. Any cats that I look to get with on a higher level, I got them on Myspace, and I chatter over PMs. Im not the dude that gives a **** about half of what goes on in here. I say my piece and keep it moving, I help a newbie and keep it moving, I learn something and keep it moving.

However, there's one thing that Cam is saying that really sticks out to me, and I find very important, and I DO think we as FP members and moderators need to find a way to deal with. Racial issues are a pretty big part of music, particularly the Hip Hop/Rap world, over the last few years, we need to find a way to address such issues, yet keep it grown folks in nature. This, whatever method is used for it, would create a much more informed member base and in turn create a much stronger site community. You know as well as I do that clubs, radio stations, hell even whole malls with record stores in them and stores depending on what clothing lines they carry, etc. are looked at as/considered black or white by the majority of people. Segregation is heavy on many levels, and it does need to be dealt with. Does it need to be dealt with here? Thats a good question...

Its not my job to give ideas on how to make it work, its just my job (as a member) to give my two pennies.

I don't feel that the discussions would be a big issue if people self-moderated in a sense. I don't know if people contact others when others get out of pocket but that would help. If people reported and helped to keep topics mature, that would help also.

Whenever there is 1 joke that is made, the sheep are quick to follow.

This is an example:

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207447

Not all of the deleted posts were bad, but they steered off and made a joke out of what is a good thread.

sleepy said:
I don't feel that the discussions would be a big issue if people self-moderated in a sense.

That right there is realness, Sleepy. The forum has degraded due to immaturity, I think. Not necessarily young cats getting on the site, but cats with immature and overly opinionated viewpoints and clownish attitudes. Couple that with the large amount of he said/she said, the forum just turns sour. I like to pop a joke or snarkish comment just like everyone else, but I do try to participate as much as possible in as mature a manner as possible.

I dont really know if it's the report feature that isnt getting used enough, or if the beatmaking/producing community needs a big dose of "grow the **** up", or what. But yeah, as long as people can maintain a civil discussion base on sensitive topics, and manage to act like the professionals they aspire to be, which would allow the mods to be a little more lax with the ban stick, this forum could potentially grow and prosper again, and we can all learn something. No chance in hell people are going to agree on everything, or even most things. It's not how you feel about things thats the problem, though. It's how you convey those feelings.

Enough out of me, peace and chicken grease.

its a shame that anyone would want to censor hip hop. I get what Sleepy is gettin at tho. FP has gone mainstream and don't wanna lose the mainstream sponsorship (gotta love those tampax ads lol). But if ur gonna delete the offensive things then do what u must but to ban people for being confrontational is like saying dont show up at all. Hip Hop culture is very confrontational

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
While on this subject, I got banned once for saying phag, but nigga does get a free pass on this site.....we gotta make sure not to offend the gays, but it's okay to....nevermind, I'll get myself in trouble, lol.
why bite your tongue we all know what your thinking. BUSH HATES BLACK PEOPLE!

sleepy said:
Should we be more strict with the "N" words and if so, what should we as mods do about this when it comes up?

Personally I see the word "nigga" and "nigger" as the same.
i get its a grey area for the mods especially because some people are offended and some arent. id treat it like callin a woman the b word or better yet just stop banning words. Im totally against censorship also tho.

Cameron Thomas said:
I think the private property excuse is pretty ridiculous. If you throw a party at your home do you tell your guests what they can and can't discuss? Do you walk around shutting down conversations if you feel they are innappropiate? On top of that the members of this forum are the ones basically paying for it. It's our traffic that gets you sponsors in the first place. It may be private property but without the members this site wouldn't exist. The entire censorship thing is just pretty ridiculous. You're going to have problems saying people can say certain things but can't say others just like the nigga vs. f ag conflict. You're going to have the same problem saying people can discuss certain topics but not others. Religion and Politics play a role in music whether you like it or not. Half the sh*t I listen to as far as hip hop goes expresses views on these subjects. It's ok to discuss the latest gossip about who's f*cking who in the music industry but you can't discuss how religion and politics are affecting music? It would be pretty simple to open a general discussion board. Maybe even uncensored :bigeyes: You could even put a warning label on it. WARNING: Your feelings may be hurt and or you may be offended by reading topics in this forum section. That way those people who get offended by reading sh*t on an internet forum won't have any excuse to cry. This poll is just like an american election process where they give you a couple of sh*tty choices and you vote for the lesser of two evils. Ultimately it isn't the people who get what they want. Why don't you put an option for a general discussion section and see which way the votes go then.
i couldnt agree more. i voted on #2 simply because it is the less sucky of two sucky choices. I can kind of understand both Sleepys point of view and yours but I am more in agreeance with you. While the board does belong to Mano and its the mods job to protect the forum a lot of threads get closed something as stupid as a debate or going off topic yet when people come here and ask for cracks those threads will stay open for months. I have found threads such as these open when doing searches. They seem to be a little inconsistant imo

PlanetHitzProduction said:
The problem I see with Futureproducers is perspective.
I wouldnt limit that to just fp its that way on a lot of forums. But as far as perspective goes I think your completely right.

Last edited:
Cameron Thomas said:
The entire censorship thing is just pretty ridiculous.

Religion and Politics play a role in music whether you like it or not. Half the sh*t I listen to as far as hip hop goes expresses views on these subjects. It's ok to discuss the latest gossip about who's f*cking who in the music industry but you can't discuss how religion and politics are affecting music? It would be pretty simple to open a general discussion board. Maybe even uncensored :bigeyes: You could even put a warning label on it. WARNING: Your feelings may be hurt and or you may be offended by reading topics in this forum section. That way those people who get offended by reading sh*t on an internet forum won't have any excuse to cry. This poll is just like an american election process where they give you a couple of sh*tty choices and you vote for the lesser of two evils. Ultimately it isn't the people who get what they want. Why don't you put an option for a general discussion section and see which way the votes go then.

Word. i agree 100%.

I you take out religion, politics and other discussions where someone might get offended out of hiphop, what do you get?

200px-Laffy_Taffy.jpg

Last edited:
^^Perfect example of a look-at-me post and why discussions get cut short when people want to get a cheap laugh out of others.^^

Back on topic.

About the sponsorship thing, I'd say a bigger deal is keeping the site with its own and current identity.

In my experience, forums that have or introduce politics (religion included) topics or specialized forums become inebitably charged and with young forums, this leads to a division and it becomes an inner-circle kind of deal with both sides. This creates a hostile and unfriendly environment for newcomers and other members.

I'm going off experience as I've done my share of division also but it is always bound to happen sooner or later.

sleepy said:
^^Perfect example of a look-at-me post and why discussions get cut short when people want to get a cheap laugh out of others.^^

Back on topic.

lol what? that's exactly on point.

JeanLukPigheart said:
I dunno. for me music involves music, politics, religion, race.
thats the way it is in REAL LIFE.

i guess that one was a "look-at-me" post too? Seriously sleepy, what do you want the hiphop- subforum to be about? Just the everyday gossip? All those grinding-thread are damn good, however i think they should be in other areas, like legal/marketing etc.

i really don't see a problem on the fact that someone might get offended on a debate. There's a ton of MV8000 vs. MPC threads here which are still around even if people are pretty much hanging on others throats cos of those. Not to even mention the software vs. hardware topics....

Last edited:
Bad language is great. This forum needs more bad language and less bad grammar/spelling.

The forum needs a free for all area or something.

sleepy said:
I wouldn't let anyone talk about a lot of things around my mother or any family members in my home. So no, I don't tell anyone what they can and can't talk about but for me, I don't need to, dig?
No general forum, run a search, it has been discussed.

Well I'm doubting your mother frequents FP. If she did happen to post I'd be sure to watch my language;) Didn't find much on a general forum discussion other than someone suggesting it and Carnage saying it wouldn't happen. I'm not sure why you are getting on 1005 for making a joke. Have a sense of humor. Laughter is great Sleepy. You are acting like FP's police department. It's not that serious. You can't expect everyone to act like robots and only discuss sample rates and dynamic processing.

Cameron Thomas said:
You are acting like FP's police department. It's not that serious. You can't expect everyone to act like robots and only discuss sample rates and dynamic processing.
co sign

Back