Do you hate when an artist uses one producer for an entire album?

You know what, I was actually about to, then I checked it our real quick on wikipedia for reviews. This is what I got, and I quote:

"The lyrics are simplistic and goonish. The music is effective but all sounds the same. If I was looking for an example of what hip-hop should be, it's not Waka Flocka Flame." ~ Patrick Taylor from RapReviews

Yeah I think I'll pass.

of course but its still super dope

I could care less about one producer or a bunch on an album as long as the album is built on a team effort. Deeper than producer and artist. People that bring that atmosphere for the album is important to. Sending some kind of idea magic in the air.

Bust in the MFer with some MPCs and shit!! Fuuck Detox......do this shit with an artist and get this shit poppin!! Same love...same atmosphere...same drive and motivation.

Man....fuuck production credits got dammit! One name for this project represents us all for this moment. But what we did is worth more than money. We can get money...make money....what's money? Something to make....that's all.

Did anyone notice at 9:00 when Snoop said that The D.O.C. and himself tried to ghostwrite for Dre but Jay-Z made it happen? More often than not, when a producer/rapper makes their own album their production is best.

No I miss when producers would produce entire albums. I aspire to be more like the guys who did entire projects with an artist. The Qunicy Jones, Dr. Dre, Q Tip, 9th Wonder, BabyFace, Max Martin kinds of guys.

Ever since Biggie did it for his albums everybody's been doing it ever since then. Now you can make the same beat over and over again because now you're working to get one song on an album as opposed to trying to do an entire album like back in the day.

well you can get a more cohesive sounds from one producer which could be a good thing. too many producers and features leads to an album being all over the place. but no one is really making albums anymore anyway...

So here's something I would love to do one day. Find a produer who fits the artists sound. Hire a vocal producer/engineer, rent a studio for a month, and just have the artist, producer, and engineer in there daily just working on new music.

Depends on the producer. If they're talented and versatile then yeah, why not? If they obviously suck then N.O.
Of course, I like variety of beats/producers in the album, but think about it this way: If you were the producer who produced the entire album, would you really be complaining?

Depends on the producer. If they're talented and versatile then yeah, why not? If they obviously suck then N.O.
Of course, I like variety of beats/producers in the album, but think about it this way: If you were the producer who produced the entire album, would you really be complaining?

I would definitely use a versatile producer.

i like that idea

Groove Chambers - Nappy Roots

Traxster- Twista

Organized Noise i'm not sure if they did a whole Dungeon Family album or not

Troy Taylor - Trey Songz (even though Troy isn't telling Trey he should stop talking about SEX 100 percent of the time lol)

but when you recognize an artist for who in a sense molded them. i think that is a good thing. Wiz Khalifa has changed his style a lil but we all knew him for working with Juliano at one point. but paychecks, ego's, and hoes come in between alot of younger guys working with the guy that put them on

Killer Mike gave El-P no choice but to produce 100% of his new album(El-P was only supposed provide a couple beats)..I'm glad his trickery worked because R.A.P. Music is great...explores many styles of hip hop but still has a cohesive sound throughout

Man....people were hyping this up so much...a friend of mine who doesn't listen to hip-hop even texted me about it....I loaded it up on Spotify and was thoroughly confused. The beats were different, but it just didn't knock or make me want to listen again.

Different strokes.

- Justin Timberlake - "FutureSex/LoveSounds" (Timbo/Danja) ... & "Justified" (Neptunes/Timbo)
- All of Kanye's albums
- The Dream's albums (Tricky/LOS)
- Drake (40/TMinus/Boi1Da)

3 or less producers seem to be the winning combo ... But yes -- having less producers means a more defined album/sound -- which could probably give the album more of a direction!

I personally love it when an album is produced by one producer. I think that's why I'm so drawn to rappers who also produce. They do whole albums just by themselves essentially, and it has a definite vibe to it that may change from track to track, but I still feel, more often than not, that an album is a more coherent piece when there's only one producer.

I like 1 producer (probably max 3) working on an album. This is where Hip Hop sucks when it comes to this because in other genres you will have 1 producer using different musicians that don't need to be credited as a producer.

Back