Do Producers Usually Get Paid For Beats On Mixtapes?

Handmade

Producers who've had beats on mixtapes.. Indie or major, have y'all gotten paid for it, if so, how much? Cause I just gave a beat to a dude who's independent and it'll probably on his mixtape.

Producers who've had beats on mixtapes.. Indie or major, have y'all gotten paid for it, if so, how much? Cause I just gave a beat to a dude who's independent and it'll probably on his mixtape.

Don't ever ask a producer how much he got paid for producing a track, especially in a public forum. And no the vast majority do NOT get paid unless the song starts to take off and officially gets added to a retail album, which is becoming the standard flow for most hip hop hits nowadays. If you're name is currently hot you have the best chance of getting upfront bread from a indy artist because they're mostly paying to market off your brand as much as the track itself

In most cases it seems porducers arent getting paid unless the song takes off like stated before. But, I think people should always get paid for their work. Even if its a small amount. Being that mixtapes today are like albums for guys without deals (and even some with), more and more have exclusive tracks. Im sorry but unless you're huge yourself (2Chainz, Gucci, Kendrick, Wiz, etc.) you have to compensate me. If you plan on doing shows or making any kind of money off OUR song, I plan on making something too. The only reason I made the exception for the huge artist is because Im unknown and the instant gratification of placing something on say Big Sean's latest mixtape will make up for a few hundred bucks or whatever up front money I'd get. If you're unknown or not relevant, you gossa pay me!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheather it be with money, a trade for a verse (if ur that dope to me), or something in place saying I'd get paid if you get paid!

Don't ever ask a producer how much he got paid for producing a track, especially in a public forum. And no the vast majority do NOT get paid unless the song starts to take off and officially gets added to a retail album, which is becoming the standard flow for most hip hop hits nowadays. If you're name is currently hot you have the best chance of getting upfront bread from a indy artist because they're mostly paying to market off your brand as much as the track itself

legal dollaz always dropping knowledge. it's much appreciated

Back