DJ Mustard Type beat(Please critique mixing quality)

So, I really don't like the intro, moving into the actual music is rough, (This is just my opinion) When the music hit though thats very chill, Moving just into the vocals and bass line you got going on is very bare. When the music comes back its sick. I guess it's just my personal preference and this stuff is definitely not my style so that may be where this is coming from. Now that i've done exactly what you didnt want (no comments on overall mix) The mix is tight, I don't really hear much I can comment on. Overall the intro needs work other than that, Love it.

Last edited:
Mixing is okay...The snares are a little off and tend to be weak. And in my opinion so are the hats. But to be honest with you. NO ONE can tell you how your mix should be. Thats what makes producers different. Some may want it to sound like they are in a hallway or a studio or even a basement. Point is the mix is how YOU want it to sound. Your beat has a good concept it just has missing sounds.

Feedback my DJ Mustard Type Beat fam!>> https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ive-feedback/dj-mustard-type-beat-f4f-468523/

I think its because of the tone of the 808 clashing with the snare,i think I'm not eqing it rite.Ive been using an mpc for the longest and now use fl so i kinda have a issue with my patterns not falling into place in the piano roll window.Anyone got any advice????Thanks.

I would leave the vocal snip in there the whole time and the bell should be in there most the time too. It's boring with just the bass and drum. You also need to add some hat and snare/clap rolls.

Personally I don't really like the sample at the beginning.It kinda of threw the whole vibe of the beat off to me.DJ Mustard beats aren't as simple as everyone claims.He's known for using that silence in his beat to let the music and artist speak.Try thinking about that the next time you try to start a beat like that.Good job though.

Back