DJ Khaled moves only 40,000 units first week - SMH

People don't want to buy the same songs over and over again, that is what Hip Hop has become (if you can even call it that anymore).

These services are 1/4 the price of 1 CD back in the day.

I want reparations for getting ripped off by the music industry.
the only bad part is that artists are getting paid squat in royalties for it. I heard someone say an artist is lucky to get $20 in royalties from Spotify a year. I am thinking damn I make more than that with ads on YouTube lol

Who cares what he moved?
I didn't even know people bought his albums.
No hate but I can't listen to Khaled since he tried to put himself in the same class as Quincy Jones, producer wise.
It was just too much, I laughed like 5 times from that video.

Im laughing real hard now!

the only bad part is that artists are getting paid squat in royalties for it. I heard someone say an artist is lucky to get $20 in royalties from Spotify a year. I am thinking damn I make more than that with ads on YouTube lol

Artists were and still are getting ripped off of their royalties by the major labels themselves and since they have a stake in Spotify its the same old game, difference is now the majors can make money off of independents via Spotify without having to sign any direct deals with them. And its the indies that are making the most noise about the lack of transparency when it comes to getting paid off of Spotify.

And for the record Spotify forcing users to have a Facebook account to use its service is a non-starter in my book.

Last edited:
^^^^good post. Just in case people don't know.
Get on Spotify | How to Get Music on Spotify | CD Baby

Not sure about any other places that open the door for Spotify. I typed in beats and instrumentals, one guy had like 100 beats on it with different titles like smooth type beat....dirty south type beat..ect.

Things are kind of making sense to me when it comes to trying to get as many people to follow you or be a friend as possible and shit like that now. It don't matter that you said this is the best and lied one good time...as long as a bunch of suckers believe it and click. Those pennies add up from all over the place. Youtube and all of that.

Fuuck it.....let's get that "boss man of my job, you are jealous of me because I make more money as a musician on the internet than the check you give me" money. No rappers needed.

Last edited:
I think that's a low number if you look at the names on his album

Lil Wayne, Kanye, T.I., Future, Ross, Nas, Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, J. Cole, Big KRIT,Ace Hood, Tyga, Birdman, Wale, Kirko Bangz, Meek Mill, French Montana, Chris Brown, 2 Chainz, Kendrick Lamar, Mack Maine, Scarface

... all that and only 40,000?
lol half of those names turned me away from listening id include future if hes using autotune

Hiphop is a dying genre and everyone knows it.
It is on it's last leg. Look at Snoop about to go get that reggae money.

It has been raped. Now there is nothing left.

Almost Every genre of music in America was mainly created from the Black Experience. (Jazz,Swing, BeBop, Rock, HipHop, House, Blues)

This is the first time the Black Experience struggle doesn't dominate black culture, now that black people have started making money.

So now you have a new generation who don't know the struggle.
NWO has defiantly done the job they promised in all those old letters and documents.

I wish all you new producers knew that you are wasting your time with Soundclick and PMP and all the others.
Of course, you are not gonna listen though and its sad.

You really suppose to be created the 'next thing' -NEXT GENRE', but you can't, because you don't hurt.
You don't hurt to where it pours out of your soul and into your music.

Like how all the other genres started from the pain and hurt.

its time to move past HipHop to the next experience

Last edited:
Hiphop is a dying genre and everyone knows it.
It is on it's last leg. Look at Snoop about to go get that reggae money.

It has been raped. Now there is nothing left.

Almost Every genre of music in America was mainly created from the Black Experience. (Jazz,Swing, BeBop, Rock, HipHop, House, Blues)

This is the first time the Black Experience struggle doesn't dominate black culture, now that black people have started making money.

So now you have a new generation who don't know the struggle.
NWO has defiantly done the job they promised in old those old letter and documents.

I wish all you new producers knew that you are wasting your time with Soundclick and PMP and all the others.
Of course, you are not gonna listen though and its sad.

You really suppose to be created the 'next thing' -NEXT GENRE', but you can't because you don't hurt.
You don't hurt to where it pours out of your soul and into your music.

Like how all the other genres started from the pain and hurt.
759933-noose_lg_716525_large.jpg
Stool_19.jpg

his albums always hover around 40-80k in sales first week.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

record sales mean nothing to khaled. It costs him nothing to get the features because of the relationships he has and the production are handled by mostly producers signed to him. He's the president of Def Jam South so he getting a piece of everything regardless

and then he's still getting booked to do live shows and basically just introduce the artists to perform lol. It's a pretty sweet gig

record sales dont matter much

Pretty much. This was a 'throw out' project with minimum expense so there wasn't any high expectations and Mr. Bartles is content.

I hated Khaled for a long time (not really "hated" but you know what I mean)

Then I realised, It doesn't matter If he made the beat or not, rapped on the songs or not, mixed it or not...point blank, If he didn't put in the work he did, the songs with his name attached to them wouldn't exist.

No Holla at me baby, We takin over, I'm so hood, Go Hard, All I do is win etc.

He made the connections and made these songs happen. He basically broke The Runnerz and Cool and Dre too.

Still don't like his personality/most of his music though..

Last edited:
Artists were and still are getting ripped off of their royalties by the major labels themselves and since they have a stake in Spotify its the same old game, difference is now the majors can make money off of independents via Spotify without having to sign any direct deals with them. And its the indies that are making the most noise about the lack of transparency when it comes to getting paid off of Spotify.

And for the record Spotify forcing users to have a Facebook account to use its service is a non-starter in my book.
Interseting I did not know this. I already have a Facebook account so I didn't know that was forced either. That sucks.

Interseting I did not know this. I already have a Facebook account so I didn't know that was forced either. That sucks.

Yea and I've stopped posting on certain blogs (especially political) because they were forcing you to have to log into your facebook account to post comments as well. The days of privacy are long gone...

Back