Dj kay slays w/ music biz tips: "when it's all said & done, n*ggas won't give help"

Kendall143

Dj kay slays w/ music biz tips: "when it's all said & done, n*ggas won't give help"

Keep your mind on your business, not personal. The executives, CEOs and A&R are not your friends. It's business. When it's all said and done, n*ggas won't give you [a way] to pay your rent or feed your family, man. Everything is business. Another one for artists and DJs: When you do someone a favor, make sure you get whatever it is you need from them right there on the spot. A lot of these cats, when they blow up, it's hard for some reason to return the favor." (XXL Mag)

In 2010, the deejay explained how label politics cost him a Drakecollaboration.

"I had the record and what happened was the people at the record label was giving a hard time for clearing it," Slay explained in an interview. "But they didn't know that Baby cleared the record...[then] it was too late, I had already turned the record in. So shout-out to him, I don't have no hard feelings. Baby gave me the record, it was the d*ckheads at the record label, with the business affairs that were acting silly -- but they ain't tell me that because they didn't believe it was gonna happen so by the time I got on it, it was a little too late. So you know, it is what it is." (Champ Mag)​

Last edited:
Back