DJ Gear

UnkNowNGenius

What equipment do I need?

Im a noob, a real beginner at DJing, I know almost nothing.

What type im music will I be playing?

Club records, music you hear in the clubs (trying to go this route instead of hiphop, will try out hiphop (turntablism etc)

I wanna be a Club DJ, i wanna do those things ''beat matching and juggling, effects processing, sampling and sequencing, scratching etc'''

I also wanna be a Mobile DJ, mobile DJs incorpate the same skills but play in different places and often have a strict playlist, so its basically the same as a Club DJ.

What do I need? I need a DJ controller, I've been looking at Numark Mixtrack Pro and the Traktor S2/S4, Numark = around 220 dollar and the Traktor is around 1285 dollar (S4) and the S2 is around 710 dollar.

I can't afford a traktor yet so I will not be getting one, but I can get the Mixtrack Pro, its actually very cheap, but do you guys recommend it for a beginner? I want something like the traktor so... can you guys recommend anything?

Shoutouts to The Beat Pharmacy

quoted some of his post here https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dj-forum-mixing-scratching/what-djing-407039/

Last edited:
What equipment do I need?

Im a noob, a real beginner at DJing, I know almost nothing.

What type im music will I be playing?

Club records, music you hear in the clubs (trying to go this route instead of hiphop, will try out hiphop (turntablism etc)

I wanna be a Club DJ, i wanna do those things ''beat matching and juggling, effects processing, sampling and sequencing, scratching etc'''

I also wanna be a Mobile DJ, mobile DJs incorpate the same skills but play in different places and often have a strict playlist, so its basically the same as a Club DJ.

What do I need? I need a DJ controller, I've been looking at Numark Mixtrack Pro and the Traktor S2/S4, Numark = around 220 dollar and the Traktor is around 1285 dollar (S4) and the S2 is around 710 dollar.

I can't afford a traktor yet so I will not be getting one, but I can get the Mixtrack Pro, its actually very cheap, but do you guys recommend it for a beginner? I want something like the traktor so... can you guys recommend anything?

Shoutouts to The Beat Pharmacy

quoted some of his post here https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dj-forum-mixing-scratching/what-djing-407039/

I own a Numark Mixtrack Pro myself, its great for beginners. Though now I have moved on to the 4Trak, which is crazy good.

If your going to be a beginner tho you should cop my setup, cause it served me well.

Numark Mixtrack Pro
Traktor Scratch Pro 2
Alesis 8 Multimix USB FX Mixer
Auvio HQ Sound Canceling Headphones

If your looking to be a vinyl DJ (e.g. the Mixtrack Pro is not vinyl, its a Controller) then I recommend getting a Numark TTUSB (which I also have). I hope that helped a bit, everything I've used so far has been great for a beginning.

As for what music your playing? That is entirely up to you and your venue. I have had countless times where I've had to play Hip Hop even though I'm way more of an EDM DJ. It all depends.

Last edited:
You get what you pay for

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

You get what you pay for
but its at ****ing 149 and thats a steal even for a shit controller

I own a Numark Mixtrack Pro myself, its great for beginners. Though now I have moved on to the 4Trak, which is crazy good.

If your going to be a beginner tho you should cop my setup, cause it served me well.

Numark Mixtrack Pro
Traktor Scratch Pro 2
Alesis 8 Multimix USB FX Mixer
Auvio HQ Sound Canceling Headphones

If your looking to be a vinyl DJ (e.g. the Mixtrack Pro is not vinyl, its a Controller) then I recommend getting a Numark TTUSB (which I also have). I hope that helped a bit, everything I've used so far has been great for a beginning.

As for what music your playing? That is entirely up to you and your venue. I have had countless times where I've had to play Hip Hop even though I'm way more of an EDM DJ. It all depends.

Appreciate the reply,might be getting your setup, looks great, im not going vinyl its too expensive and its hard to find records on vinyl these days... by the way, the Numark TTUSB only has 1 ''table''? or what do you call it? is it good enough?

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

You get what you pay for

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

You get what you pay for
but its at ****ing 149 and thats a steal even for a shit controller

true true, what do you use?

Appreciate the reply,might be getting your setup, looks great, im not going vinyl its too expensive and its hard to find records on vinyl these days... by the way, the Numark TTUSB only has 1 ''table''? or what do you call it? is it good enough?

Yes it is very good, what you require though is 2 TTUSB's, then you plop a mixer in the middle. Thats basically it.

The Mixtrack Pro is great for what you pay, I'm looking at getting one myself 2nd hand on the cheap as a portable piece of equipment that I can bring to parties and things like that and not worry about them getting a bit bashed up.

Back