Did Ether set the bar too high for other dis songs?

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
I'm just wondering because to me that seems like it's the case. I think ether has become the standard that every diss song is compared to. Life if it's better than ether it's good, if it's not it's wack. I mean how many times have people heard "It's no ether though" when refering to a diss track? Do you think it's fair to compare every diss track to ether?

But damm son .. ether... just never gets old... matter fact, imma go listen to it riiight noow. lol

It's like a good boxing matchup. Nothing will ever be a "great main event" again until the last one is outdone.

Ether was like Ali Frasier. We haven't even seen a Tyson era since then.

Last edited:
I remeber where I was the first time I heard the "FUK JAY-Z"

I never really like jay's song, i remeber listening to it tho like damn ok he dissin Nas.. I had no idea Nas was bout to ether that ass but He came back strong. that hassent happened in a while with anyone so yea, what deranged said pretty much.

The song was so damaging to Jay's Career that he became president of Def Jam, retired, signed NAS, invested in a basketball team, released 5 more platinum albums, married and busted all kiiiiiiiiinds of nuts in Beyonce, dropped the lable and invested in another lable/touring venture...what exacty did Ether do again? I could understand the comotion if Jay was back in Brooklyn serving up 2 for 10's. :4theloveofgod:

Jay Z Post Ether Career > Ether
(although ether is my shyyyyt!!!)

Jay Z will forever be linked to Ether... sad.

plus Eminem shitted on him on that Renegade song.

... and he made the wackest song ever - Forever Young.

I liked his first two albums and didn't buy anything afterwards.

That Ether beat was ass though.

Last edited:
It let Jay know that he couldent go around shittin on people name like that, notice he aint really tryed to start up with nobody intentally in the same way? ended up dropping all them dudes he named on that song that was "Runnin this rap shit"
But uuum, yea, he ended up being one successfull ass MF'er, cant hate on that.. but Ether left a shit on em, he cleaned it up nice though LOL

oh yea.. thats when he dropped the 'Skeeted in your jeep, left condoms on your baby seat' LOL.. that was at Nas, Right?

Eastcoast rappers were on some King of New York shit. T.I wanted to bring that king bullshit to the south on some "I'm the JayZ of the shit blah, blah, blah. Nothing will compare to Ether until people fall into the hype of who is "king of New York". Right now nobody gives a fuuck. You only here one person claiming to be a king of something....T.I. Shit was fun.....it made you choose even if you wasn't from New York. But really.......the Ether diss has become overrated over time.

I've said this plenty of times. The media can hype some shit to a point that it is way out of hand. There will not be any Ethers.....the media is not hype enough about these new rappers.

Hit em up by 2Pac set the bar for battle raps of today. Dudes don't have no got damn rhythm...just be talking and rhyming. Soon.......rappers are going to be rapping like Pac at 3:30 of this.

Greatest diss ever......fuuck a Ether....shit was soft actually. This should set the bar.

No Vaseline......................{cue leaned back saxophone man}

^^^^that shit there is crazy! lmao!

Last edited:
Back