Derek Baggett - Rapture (Original Mix) F4F

Dwrek21

Hello all, I recently finished this electronic track which I thoroughly enjoyed making. I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I actually really like this, I think you chose a great selection of synths. Some feedback i have that you might want to try out to make your mix more pleasing to my ear:

When that sub bassline comes in at 1:00. It sounds kind of simple to me, i think you have the right idea, but maybe you want to try to up beat it a little bit and put some more notes in. The reasoning behind that is, youre building up the song to a drop and before the build you have a really peaceful ambient type mix. So i think if you sped up the bassline and made it more interesting it will provide a better transition to your buildup.

Buildup: I like your snare beat, but maybe you want to take a relook at the buildup in general. I say keep the snare build cause that sounds nice. But maybe add a riser? and building noise? because when i hear a buildup i want my energy to built up, not just hear a snare getting faster. And the drop should be a release of that built up energy, right?

Also for your drop: maybe this wont sound good in your mix, but if you want a harder kick, try sidechaining! it lowers the volume of your lead for the kick to punch through. So it ducks out of the way for the kick. Idk if thats what you want but it would definitely pump up the energy of your song.

I can give you some more feedback if you liked what i was saying, Otherwise, Good synths! Nice job:) Kind of sounds like part of the melody from scary monsters and nice sprites but definitely different. Overall 7/10

Back