Decent hardware to start with?

The Hooligans

Sup,

I am getting into making beats and I find that making melodies and even drums on my keyboard to be very difficult and time consuming. I bought a mini midi keyboard to start with and while it does have some value I just don't find it to be enough. Anyone have any suggestions on a full size midi keyboard or even a drum pad. (Is this needed?) I am looking to make beats faster that what I currently am. Any suggestions anyone?

There are tonnes of midi keyboards out there. Some cheaper than others. There are different midi keyboard functions you should read up on before you buy, odds are you will be using your keyboard for a while so you Might as well research your stuff before you buy anything. Personally I don't find drum pads necessary to create my music. I always slide my notes around when I reverse samples and such anyway so those drum pads to me would only be to lay down a simple pattern in 10 seconds that would otherwise take me 20. Not much profit for me personally.

well as of now I am strictly inputting by mouse. I want to be able to add my music from my keyboard instead of clicking in notes. Another issue is I have been looking at bigger keyboard up to 61 keys, many are well reviewed but as stated come with many different bells and whistles. Since I am virtually starting out I am not sure if I need the slide features, pads, etc that come with different keyboards.

Back