Dear Ableton Livers?

Since we had reached to version #9 we thought we now had 9 lives but this fake imposter Bitwig is here to kill us so what do you think this scallywag on our shores. Imagine if we did that to Cubase we rip them of and call our imposter Presonus, I am looking at a trend " oh boy it's a pirate's life for me savvy !!!!!! "

Last edited:
ah, but you see the basic concept of audio editing has been based on making a virtual tape machine from the earliest days of midi sequencer software and the early inclusion of audio features

the look and feel of most daws is pretty much the same some minor differences in screen layouts.

go to instrument and effect design and you run into the same problems - for example, a chorus unit has at most 4 controls (if you go to the early days of the Roland CE1 in the late 70's), so to create a chorus unit with 10 controls is pointless unless you have created some new techniques which make it some kind of mutant super-chorus

the biting of the visual style is a different story and again is not really covered by patents or copyright

Nothing new, I mean when Notator developers released Logic it was quite obvious that the new layout was a blatant ripoff of Cubase.

Last edited:
I don't really see the problem with Bitwig. Sure enough, it is more or less Live re-defined but that's to be expected coming from ex-Ableton developers wanting to take it in a slightly different direction. But does it somehow hurt what Live is doing? No. More likely Ableton is going to be using some of Bitwig's ideas in the future. No one's forcing us to use either one.

With all of the bugs that are being reported on KVR forums about Bitwig, I don't think Live has anything to worry about.

Back