Db software to level all songs

Sequence2

Are there any pieces of software that can level all of my AIFF songs to a single Db level (i.e. bring the loud songs down, and the silent songs up, like a compressor!). Someone I know suggest Mp3DB but it doesn't really explain what the software is on the website.

I am asking as I have my first club gig coming up and I need to make a great first impression.. and I find my mixing lacking in certain area because of these varying Db levels throughout my tracks. I can always use the Trim knob (As I have a DJM 900), but is there any other way to fix this minor issue?

Are there any pieces of software that can level all of my AIFF songs to a single Db level (i.e. bring the loud songs down, and the silent songs up, like a compressor!). Someone I know suggest Mp3DB but it doesn't really explain what the software is on the website.

I am asking as I have my first club gig coming up and I need to make a great first impression.. and I find my mixing lacking in certain area because of these varying Db levels throughout my tracks. I can always use the Trim knob (As I have a DJM 900), but is there any other way to fix this minor issue?

I think it's very important to not alter with volume levels by re-rendering an audio track. The Trim knob is your best friend. The more you mess with an audio track the more quality you lose. Develop an ear for a trim knob and you'll have quality beyond your wildest dreams

There are plenty of Limiting pluggins that you can use with DAWs. Logic comes with its own limiter, in fact most DAWs should. Then of course there is Waves' Ultramaximiser (which is badass by the way). Alternatively, If you don;t use DAWs, some standalone programs you could try are T-Racks mastering suite (IK multimedia) and Isotope. They both come with limiters and If you google them, I believe you can trial both softwares.

Back