[Dark Ambient] Ostalgie

mebitek

Hi all,
I just wanna present my latest dark ambient release: Ostalgie

In German culture, "Ostalgie" is nostalgia for aspects of life in DDR. It is a portmanteau of the German words Ost (east) and Nostalgie (nostalgia).

hypnotic depersonalizing experimental modular dark ambient
01. 00:00 Berlin Radio International
02. 05:20 Der Ostalgieschritt
03. 17:03 Modulpropaganda

BANDCAMP: https://mebitek.bandcamp.com/album/ostalgie

experimental video art all videos and voices are from original soviet and DDR footage and radio except extracts from the Soviet propaganda animation film "Interplanetary Revolution" (1924)

all music has been produced with Modular Synthesizers modulargrid rack: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1201627
artwork by mebitek

feedabck and comments welcome
best regards from Sardinia

I made it about 12minutes in, it's quite something. It gave me a feeling of Tangerine Dream's DDR alter-ego with some hints of Nurse With Wound, impressive. With the video it would make some kind of nightmarish art installation, I thought the marching soldiers footage was particularly effective - very unsettling. I thought you could have introduced some more sonic variety a bit earlier in the second track, felt like it recycled the same sounds for a little bit too long. I will give the third track a go some other time when I'm in the mood.

I made it about 12minutes in, it's quite something. It gave me a feeling of Tangerine Dream's DDR alter-ego with some hints of Nurse With Wound, impressive. With the video it would make some kind of nightmarish art installation, I thought the marching soldiers footage was particularly effective - very unsettling. I thought you could have introduced some more sonic variety a bit earlier in the second track, felt like it recycled the same sounds for a little bit too long. I will give the third track a go some other time when I'm in the mood.
thx so much for your feedback, really appreciated

Back